If a cop pulled you over...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Inexpsyphy, Jun 13, 2011.

1. And you just said absolutely nothing to him - didn't respond to what he had to say, or what he asked you...just sat there - what would happen?

2. He would probably get pissed and arrest you for obstruction of justice.

3. #3 toy4runr, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2011
    Well, you have to identify yourself to a police officer, past that, you can legally refuse to answer any of their questions. The downside of this consitutional protection is that the pig will proceed to write as many tickets as possible, and if he can, he'll think up something to arrest you.

I have to ask myself, what kind of person actually WANTS to be a cop?

4. There's the small percentage that are interested in the protection of the people and the continuation of pure justice; and then there's the more common form of pigs with SCSC syndrome, or Small Cock Superiority Complex syndrome.

I think it would be cool, though impossible, to try to get everyone to just ignore cops, give them false names, and not pay citations given out. Wouldn't that be interesting?

5. ^^ YES!!! A police state rebellion! I'm in!

6. If he pulled you over for breaking the law and you don't identify yourself, he'd probably arrest you. If you refused to comply with any of his demands, he'd probably arrest you.

7. Truth; but there are occasions when they pull you over just to pull you over, routine. I'll rephrase, say you're chillin' and a cop rolls up and just starts to question what you're doing - though it's perfectly viable for you and your buddies to be in a location they feel the need to question you; and you just said nothing. They couldn't do shit.

8. If they just come up to you without any good reason and start asking you questions, you don't need to talk to them. It's probably a little discourteous to completely ignore them, but I think that is within your rights so long as they don't have a good reason to be talking to you.

9. Or, you could not be sketch and just talk to him...

10. Point is would they be able to keep their cool if you acted in such a "sketch" way? Or would some complex take over and would they start getting mean? I think the answer to the latter question is yes. It's rude, of course; but I don't think they always approach people in a polite way either. Though to make it more fair I wouldn't completely ignore a cop that seems like he's honestly doing his job and being a good guy checking on things. Most cops I've encountered are condescending dicks, and whether a cop or not, I don't like to talk to those types of people.

11. Why won't you just talk to him,there's nothing wrong,better then getting arrested.Over here if you do some shit like that to a cop he'll probably get your I.D rip it hit you up badly,and send you to the station saying you didn't have no I.D.

12. Yeah... wouldn't be the first time the cops beat the crap out of someone and got away with it lol

13. My point exactly.

14. He would immediately call for back up and you'd get your head smashed in for failure to comply.

After they beat the hell out of you then they would try to determine why you were ignoring them.

The is the twenty first century. What are you thinking?

15. Cops don't talk to you because they are lonely. They ask questions because they are looking for probable cause. What's the pot the gold at the end of a cops rainbow? An arrest. If you wanna talk to cops and do their work for them and give them everything they need to fuck you over, then by all means, talk to cops.

16. Exaactly; and now I've gotten multiple responses with the similar answers. Now, why, when they call themselves our protectors would they respond in such a way? Hmm? They're modern day knights for the parliament; and I thought the Revolutionary War was to dissuade this very thing. Seems rule by Hierarchy kind of slipped back into our system, eh?

As one of our forefathers also known as Thomas Jefferson said, “Every generation needs a new revolution.”

:smoke:

17. Cuz they won't arrest you for being an idiot and not saying a word?

18. It's like flexing your miranda rights before being arrested - what are they going to build a case off of? you not talking? supposedly not complying? complying to what? a cop coming out of nowhere and antagonizing you?

19. The correct answer is Don't talk to the cops, ever! I spent 3 months in jail for failing to shut my mouth when I was young. I know this has been posted before but its very educational coming from a law professor and a police detective.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc]YouTube - ‪Dont Talk to Police‬‏[/ame]

20. ^^ Never talk to cops. That's what attorneys are for.