Ideas for a veg room please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by manwall, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Hey fellow blades, I currently have 3 plants flowering ATM that will be done around mid February, I wanted to create a veg room to start 4 plants in dec/jan so I can have plants rdy to be moved into the flowering room. So my question comes down to lighting what do you think would be sufficient for 4 plants I'm trying to veg to about 1 1/2- 2 ft. Hid would be nice but I'm trying to make a cheap temporary veg room any suggestions? Thanks

2. I'd go with a 150 watt HPS. They are cheap and versatile. HTG and Sun System both make one. The HTG is around $75 shipped. I have the HTG model. I use it for veg plants and I have been very happy with it.

3. The MH would be ideal, but of it is temporary and you are trying to stay cheap, I'd use t5's.. They aren't too expensive and they will be much cheaper to run (electricity) than the MH. Also you have a lot more heat issues with the MH. And the T5's will need less vertical height than the MH.

Kinda jumbled thoughts but I hope it helps

4. [quote name='"Lay Low"']I'd go with a 150 watt HPS. They are cheap and versatile. HTG and Sun System both make one. The HTG is around $75 shipped. I have the HTG model. I use it for veg plants and I have been very happy with it.[/quote]

Thx man I was thinking 150 too, do u have an inline hooked up to it? I'd rather not spend the money cuz I'm hoping I'll be moving after the second harvest but if I have to I guess it's best to have it for the future

5. [quote name='"ac3adt"']The MH would be ideal, but of it is temporary and you are trying to stay cheap, I'd use t5's.. They aren't too expensive and they will be much cheaper to run (electricity) than the MH. Also you have a lot more heat issues with the MH. And the T5's will need less vertical height than the MH.

Kinda jumbled thoughts but I hope it helps[/quote]

Thx it does help T-5s is an option too so I guess I should compare tht to the 150w, do u know how many tubes i would need for 4 plants?

6. No inline fan. None is needed as long as you have good circulation. I just use a spare closet for veg. I leave the door cracked open a little bit and use small fans to bring in air from outside the closet and direct it towards the plants. By doing that temps right at the canopy stay around 4-5 degrees above ambient temperature.

Here's a pic of 3 plants under the 150 before they were moved to the flowering tent.

[​IMG]

7. [quote name='"Lay Low"']

No inline fan. None is needed as long as you have good circulation. I just use a spare closet for veg. I leave the door cracked open a little bit and use small fans to bring in air from outside the closet and direct it towards the plants. By doing that temps right at the canopy stay around 4-5 degrees above ambient temperature.

Here's a pic of 3 plants under the 150 before they were moved to the flowering tent.

[/quote]

Damn...they look beautiful how long did u let those veg for?

8. 6 weeks total. That pic was after 5 weeks.

9. [quote name='"Lay Low"']6 weeks total. That pic was after 5 weeks.[/quote]

Damn good shit how big was your tent

10. 4x4 tent. They didn't fill the entire thing, but pretty close. My next run though I'm going with 6 plants to cut the veg time a little bit and make it easier to move the plants around.