ideas for a nice roman/latin tatoo

Discussion in 'Tattoo, Piercings and Body Art' started by tem4jafa, Sep 25, 2012.

1. i wanna get my first tatoo soon and i couldnt really think of anything really meaningful or something im commited to other than latin. i am almost fluent in latin and have studied for years and want a latin phrase any suggestions? my options im thinkin about right now but excluding admg im not religious

et tu brutus- and you brutus- cesar said as his friend hed known since he was a child was the last to stab him killing him :(

spqr-senatus populus que romanus- senate and people of rome-mark of rome/logo even now

veni vidi vici- i came i saw i conquered-cesar about truimph concering the Pontiac

carpe diem- seize the day

iacta alea est- the die is cast- cesar after crossin rubicon to invade rome

audentis fortuna uavat- fortune favors the brave-virgil

any suggestions would be great quotes or tatoos im only telling u all this as to what youd think be best written out and im thinking of putting it on my shoulder blade or straight across my back

2. Dude just so you know Brutus and Caesar weren't childhood friends, they had a 15 year difference in age. In fact, there was some speculation among historians that Brutus was Caesar
    s son, although this is unlikely.

I know this has nothing to do with your thread but I'm a mad history buff too. If I ever get a tatoo it would probably have something to do with Romans

3. Yeah I was saying he had know brutus since brutus was a child not cesar when he was a child but I see how you might read it that way I worded pretty badly lol preety high writing it

4. Thats funny cause im in study right now doing my latin haha im only in latin II cause i took spanish freshmen and sophmore year thn latin junior year and now latin senior year haha but for a phrase "quid facit" haha

But just a lil translation help what does

"si incolae se servare non possunt, quid nos facere possumus?" im just confused. A lil challenge lol