Ideal time to start outdoor?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by plugged, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Never grown outside, and I've never kept up on the seasons. When would be the best time to start clones/seeds/move plants into an outside environment?

2. Id say about a week after the last frost

3. If your in north america, the time is now. It's spring. Spring is when the days start to get longer and warmer and plants start to sprout, summer is when the days are at their longest and hottest and plants grow and plants veg out. Fall is when the days start to get short and cooler and most plants like cannabis and sweet basil start to bud due to the shift of photoperiod. Then its the harvest. Then winter, which is sucks.

4. Bro, it's still 40 degrees over here in Portland.. Wouldn't that be too cold?

5. haha, yeah man.

I'm in canada (pretty close to the border but still in canada) and my magic date is after the May long weekend.

I've got up until then to get my clones ready.

I might be able to put my plants outside during the day if it's nice enough before then, in order to help them get them used to it, but as long as it's getting cool at night, you'd be best not to kill your plants.

6. Wasn't even considering moving them outside yet, it'd just be stupid to do that.. Just trying to find out when would be ideal. I figured late April/May at the earliest.

7. I will be doing my second outdoor grow this year. My first one was 3 seeds from a bag of shwag that I never knew what to do with and ended up getting some male shwag back from it haha.

Hopefully this time will be better. It should be as I've put some indoor time under my belt and learned a lot from previous mistakes. Up here I;ve been putting my seedlings outside during the nice days and under the shoplights during the cooler nights.

Currently sprouting (all from seed):
    White Rhino
    Purple Widow
    Bubble Gum x White Widow
    RomBerry - Romulan x Blueberry

8. If you wait till late April or early May (I know it's tough) you will get better germ rate and an easier go of it. Last year my first grow got busted (not me just my grow) so I planted again in early June and still had a good harvest. Resist the urge to plant right now unless you are starting them indoors.

9. Lol, there IS no urge to plant outside right now. It'd be stupid. I'm not using seeds either, so I don't care about germ rate. I have everything started and going indoors, and when the time comes I'll take more clones and get them going outside.