Idea to stop repeat threads.

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by ChiiDank, Jul 31, 2010.

1. What's up I was just browsing the forums and I realized how many repeat threads are posted and I had an idea, when you first join gc forums there should be some instruction process you have to go though so people realize theres a search bar and they should use it.

2. Where would I find the 'search' bar?

3. Here it is^.

Attached Files:

4. The pratical application of this idea would be an automated welcome message from an administrator to the new User outlining the most popular Threads and instructing him/her that they might want to take a look at them before posting their own.

5. Or just show a 'lil patience and tolerence toward the OP, especially if new.:rolleyes:

Some may have different ideas or stml and forgot what was said in the previous posts:p:D. Some may have changed their opinion.

Some just may want current "real time" conversations. My favorite part of this site is posting with friends, old and new. Not much interested in what was posted days, weeks and somtimes years ago. Not much interested in posting in a thread in the really high post count unless it's like an on-going game.

If a thread bothers you by being a duplicate, don't hate or rush to point to search engines. Maybe another Blade or Bladie wants to answer the OP.:smoke:

6. #6 Caffeine Chris, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2010
  7. Well, that thread was from 2006. It's not relevant now since we do have paid memberships so the topic might confuse those who fail to look at post dates and miss that it's a 4 year old thread.

If people are getting bitched out for posting in a thread that's a month old, then they need to be reported so they can be asked to chill over trivial things. That's just silliness.

8. It would be in your best interest to not talk about me.
    [​IMG]

9. lmao im just bustin balls bro, no hard feelings :laughing: :D