Idea to Make legalization closer than ever

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by hchris420, Jul 2, 2011.

1. ok so my idea to make legalizeation i fell like could work but we would need alot of support.
    here it goes.

Ok so on 4/20 or May 8th (during the Global Marijuana March)approx. at 4:20pm thoudsands of poeple would stand in front of the white house or the U.S congress building and everybody would just start blazing mad weed like so much weed that the air would be like a smoke cloud.We would need atleast like 10,000 people, so they cant really arrest 10,000+ people at once and even if they did the federal prison rate would increase a mass amount. causing the U.S trreasurey dep. would be in so much debt(includ how bad the econmey is already) they would go way past bankrupt. the only have one plan really is to start legalizing marijuana and raise money to get out of debt.

now tell me would this work? i feel like there is a chance you know , we just need mass support and a shit load of poeple, im shure if we could get a some coalition or someone like NORML,or the World coalition for the abolishition of marijuana to help us out there could be a chance
    :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

2. We already do this every year on 4/20.

3. That right there is funny.

4. I find this extremely hard to masturbate to.

5. Uneducated pot smokers ranting about legalization make all pot smokers look bad, read a book or gtfo.

6. Supposedly educated gc posters ranting about op's thread make all forum viewers look bad, get nicer or gtfo. :)

7. I was rude, I apologize, but it would help the rep of pot smokers to actually try to educate your self, such as I do, and actually try to spell correctly!

8. HAHA! Great Idea, I bet most people wouldn't do that though

9. Hey, I like this idea. Unfortunately, getting the word out to achieve the numbers you're talking about would be kind of difficult in the less major cities...we would need to advertise this idea on a national level, using a medium that EVERYONE will see. That'd be quite difficult, considering the subject matter. I will do my best to tell EVERYONE if everyone else in this forum will please do the same. We don't have any details set, of course, but let's start circulating this idea around, so that it has a while to grow and spread. Then we can all meet up in a V for Vendetta sort of "rendezvous at goverment center on this date" fashion. :D

10. to be honest, i don't care much for the legalization of pot, in the United State anyway. total federal legalization is an almost absurdly out of reach goal; and in the end, it would be taxed so much that it would cost me more than what i have to pay for good :hello: DECRIMINALIZATION, on the other hand, is achievable in the short come for the majority of the states in the Union. Medical Marijuana legislation has been pretty cool on the subject for some time now. It is the deeply conservative states, such as the south, that remain a stronghold for marijuana criminalization efforts.

11. Yeah you would think but I kept going.

12. Oh yes, because the drug cartels don't inflate prices at all. Cannabis would cost much less because it would be in the legal market and exposed to competition, thus companies will compete for the lowest price while retaining quality to meet the customers' demands.

Decriminalization is bullshit, it doesn't do anything with the black market, and unless you have anything to do with the black market there is no legitimate reason to support decriminalization over legalization. Until this plant is fully legalized, thousands of people will keep dying over the extraneous profits prohibition causes. In addition, you will keep paying over ten times more than you would if it was legal because decriminalization does not remove the risk from the black market.

I'm getting tired of people in our own movement ignorantly (or deliberately) spreading misinformation on the 'negative consequences of legalization.'

13. Uneducated pot smokers ranting about legalization make all pot smokers look bad, read a book or gtfo.

Not a book- Granny's List! The way to get cannabis legal is to be able to talk intelligently about the medical uses of cannabis. Look, old "Uncle Charlie" will NEVER vote for recreational use! (DUH!) "A bunch of punk kids getting high? Hell NO!" :mad:

But if you start talking about a natural herbal painkiller that is safer than aspirin and "grows like a weed"! And then, you tell him this cheap painkiller might stop cancer and can keep him from going blind from diabetic retinopathy? "Old Charlie" just might start listening. Especially when you produce printouts of actual PubMed medical studies! :eek:

But then he will bring up "Cigarettes cause lung cancer, so does pot!" So you print up-

Marijuana Helps to Combat Lung Cancer (news – 2007)
    Marijuana Helps to Combat Lung Cancer ( An ingredient found in marijuana may he...)

I have the studies and articles you need to become an educated, intelligent spokesperson for cannabis! All you have to do is click that first link in my sig and start reading news articles! Forget the complicated studies (for now, anyway ;) )! I have tracked down news items for many of the studies. They are shorter and easier to read, but still have the info you need! :yay:

EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Granny :wave:

14. Legalization is currently closer than ever with the recently introduction of the End Cannabis Prohibition Act in to congress. Send a letter to your local representatives to show your support of the measure. It's already written for you, you just have to sign your name at the bottom. :D

LEAP | Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

15. Please click the link above- I did!

Granny

16. Yeh me too although i'm not very good at spelling, i'm dyslexic.

17. I live in switzerland, but i totaly suport the idea! Leafalize it everywhere!

18. I Cant go but I would help and spreS the word!!!!!