Idea on how to make stronger weed??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 7brad7, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Ok you kno how u grow weed hydroponically? With the nutrients? What if you added THC to the nutrients? Would that work to make it have a higher THC content?

Answers appreciated...

2. maybe but wouldn't that be very expensive to extract the THC from weed then put it into the nutrients?

3. Yeah probably would be expensive. Maybe it would he cost efficient if you grew alot of bud you'd have enough to experiment with new ideas. I wondered tho because if that worked well enough there could be an all new meaning to '1 hitter quitter' lol:smoke:

4. It wouldn't work, and it wouldn't make any sense even if it did.

5. #5 HongKongFuwii, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2010
    I'm thinking your weed is plenty strong already! Ah! the things us stoners think of sometimes...:hippie:

Seriously, though, in the short time I've been doing this, I have no experience, but have read on reasonably good authority in books by Ed Rosenthal, Jorge Cervantes, and in the City and other forums that UVB (I think it's "B", not A or C) light may increase THC content. To try this you can experiment using a UV bulb such as a reptile light, or switch to MH lights in the last weeks of flowering.

6. toasty is right there would be no gain by wasting all that bud and even if it did work your wasting mass amounts of cannabis when you could have easily smoke a little bit more of the bud that you would have used for thc extraction and at the same time why wouldnt you just smoke the extracted thc in the first place or pour it over your bud :hippie:

7. No. In nature, in places where a plant can lives for several seasons/years, without human interference the buds will mature, ripen, over-ripen, and then they begin to decay and fall to the ground just above the root system.

Preferably (for the plant anyway, being its primary purpose in life) the buds contain seeds. The bud can be blown by wind, or rolled away from the mother by an animal, with the help of the over-ripe bud the seeds will flourish where they land, in the wild it makes good cover/germination material. Whatever decaying bud doesn't blow away, eventually composts, returning some nutrients back to the mother plants.

But as far as THC absorption goes, even if it were to be fed to a flowering plant just before harvest, when not stored properly it decays rapidly losing what we see as potency, and until then the root system can't do much with it.

The system isn't absorbing 'straight THC' or cannabinoids, and delivering it to the system above as such, 'per se', but it's transferring it from/into some of the fundamental elements so it can be put to use, to create new cannabinoids, not 'more'. The plant can only do so much with what it's given, even with the best of nutrients.

The only way or ways to 'add' extra potency, come after the harvest and cure. For instance, you could make up a batch of one of the variously-named, hash oil coated, buds.. like 'caviar' or some thai sticks.

I tried to keep it as short and simple as possible.. hope this helps :)

8. Yea thanks for the answers everyone. Lol:smoke: