Idea on cutting the deficit

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CREAM, Oct 16, 2009.

1. #1 CREAM, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
    With the national debt fast approaching 12 trillion, I have come up with what I find to be the quickest, most painless way to reduce our debt, maybe even eliminate it:

Naming Rights!

You've heard it here first, we can sell naming rights to anything. The Novellis US Flag. The United States of America presented by Visa. The Pricewaterhouse Constitution. AIG Capitol Building, etc etc.

Think of how much ad revenue this could bring in to the national government.

And then, when the budget is finally balanced, the government can turn around and spend another 12 trillion.

Come up with your own ideas for great sponsorships companies can buy into to trim the debt. The Statue of Liberty sponsored by ALLSTATE.

-1 to the first person who says "Kentucky Grilled Chicken White House" or "BET Air Force One"

2. #2 TheDankery, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
    Sure, why not? During the last election cycle it would have been great to see this. Politicians could sell space on their clothing for companies' logos to be printed.
    Imagine Obama with the JP Morgan logo taking up his upper back and maybe even a GE symbol shaved into his head. Hillary could have gotten sponsored by whoever makes those pantsuits. A McDonald's logo on everyone's suits.

Hell, why even call it an election? We could have sold the naming rights of the "election". We missed out on the "Goldman Sachs Rise To The Top: America's ElectionBowl Challenge 2008 sponsored by Pizza Hut and Bud Light."

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have a better idea, we mandate representatives to wear their sponsors on their clothing.

This way we'll know who they are actually serving, and the mystery of cui bono will at long last be solved.

For example, something like this:

[​IMG]

edit: lol, the dankery knows whats up :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fucking Brilliance. Both of you should be awarded a nobel peace prize, just look for one in your next box of General Mills cereal.

5. This reminds me of that rumor back in the day when Taco Bell pretended they were gonna buy the Liberty Bell.

6. brought to you by carl's jr

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1

7. LOL'd at that pic.

8. haha. great movie. 'brawndo's got what plants crave. its got electrolytes.'

9. Unlike water, which as we all know comes from the toilet.

10. He tried taking water from toilets, but it is Secretary Not Sure who finds himself in the toilet now. And as history pulls down its pants and prepares to lower ITS ASS on Not Sure's head, it will be daddy justice crapping on him this time.