Idea for my next tattoo, need opinions

Discussion in 'General' started by Aim, Feb 1, 2013.

1. I'm thinking of getting the moleculer structure of all my favorite drugs on my left arm, kind of like a full sleeve. They would all sort of connect, not how they should though. It'll be obvious where one substance ends and the next begins. I can always bullshit what it actually is to an employer or whatever, but friends and whatnot would know. Just better hope I never run into a chemist lol.

2. Pretty cliche but its your body. Do what you'd like.

Also there is a whole section for tattoos and body art.

3. I mean I'd honestly have to see a sketch of it or something.

The way it looks in my head? Gay. And I have a degree in biochemistry, so I'm well aware of those chemical structures.

4. I'm thinking something like this maybe, to start with. It's LSD, and the thing on the left is the aqaurius constellation. The shark has a personal meaning to me. The black lines are just to show where my back is:

[​IMG]

5. That looks fuckin dope man.

6. I could also do this, if some of you think it's less "tacky" without the shark. But I don't know, it feels like the lines are too skinny and there's not enough "meat" in it for my taste. It roughly translates to "everything happens for a reason" (yes, I do speak russian, and it is correct)

[​IMG]

7. Man I wouldn't get them all in one spot. In the end it's going to look like just a big jumble of lines. Id narrow it down to a handful of drugs and then get those in different places

8. #8 Aim, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013

Well for now I'm just doing the first one with the LSD, the shark, and the aquarius constellation. I'm definitly rethinking the entire sleeve. I might do a get kind of a night-sky sleeve on the other arm and doing a few molecules to look like constelltions, but you'll still understand what they are. What do you think?

9. Your tattoo artist (if they're any good) is going to tell you that you're trying to fit 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. Molecular structures, sharks, constellations and words are gonna make your tattoo look disjointed and like it has no flow to it. Either try and come up with a more cohesive design to incorporate what you want, or separate the individual components into different tattoos.

10. here man i improved the shark version ! :hello:
    [​IMG]

11. Honestly the shark is kinda lame.

12. better than op's shark , fucking thing looks like a guppy fish

13. I actually thought it looked pretty simplistic, considering the size of the area I'm working with and comparing it to somee more extravengant pieces I've seen. I mean, it's a good 1/3rd of my back give or take for a tribal-esque shark, a constellation outline, and a molecule lol. I'm rethinking everything with the sleeve, that's a lot farther down the road.

14. Eh, it has a personal meaning to me. You think I should go with the words? They won't look exactly like that (in that kind of font) and I'll probably throw in some shading overall

15. Looked at your descriptions too, personally I don't really think it's a good idea nor do I think it's aesthetically pleasing.

Just sayin', but it is your body so do what you want with it. :D

16. i would get em seperate tattoos

get the LSD...then go back a month later and get the constellation somewhere else on your body, then go back a month a later and get the shark on another place as well.

17. So I'm dropping the shark and moving the constellation to kind of go more with the LSD molecule, and adding this to my right arm, the black line shows the top of my shoulder. The web will go on my shoulder, it's gonna be a full web, not cut off like you see. Then one of the pieces of web can go down and start to branch off into the molecule:

[​IMG]

18. When you do it, post pictures so I can submit it to bad body mod blogs

19. ^^what he said

20. IMG_0537.jpg

Got mine like a month ago :D

I plan on making it look like the hollywood sign with the hollywood hills behind it and all the places ive lived wrapping around my side to my back :)