Idea for game

Discussion in 'General' started by Matticus, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Do you know why many people prefer mining gold over pumping iron? Instant gratification.

What if you could achieve instant gratification from working out (you know, besides the endorphin rush)?

MAke a game out of it. With Microsoft's new Kinect peripheral, this is now a possibility.

A developer could make a exercise game where you get experience points and gain levels by working out.

One part of the game could be doing situps and pushups. The Kinect's camera would judge whether or not you are using proper technique and would give you experience (and possibly other things) based on how well you performed.

This could expand into weights as well, as long as you could set up your weights in front of your tv. This is more of a possibility with free weights.

You input how heavy the weights are, and the game would give you various ways to do your lifting. The game would be able to see how much you are struggling or not and would suggest ways to improve your technique or could tell you to lower your weight due to excessive straining.

This is really just a half-baked idea that I came up with watching TV a few minutes ago but I think it's one that has a lot of potential. Normally I hoard my ideas, but I am not going to develop game design skill or programming capabilities any time soon.

Feel free to add on to this idea in any shape or form, and once we get something together someone could send this idea to a couple developers and see if they like it. I would certainly be interested in a game like this if it could be pulled off.