ID this Deficiency

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Kganga, Jun 4, 2018.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Possible Phosphorus Deficiency, how's your ph?

3. Im using a liquid test kit from general hydroponics, from the color chart im around 5-6ph im guessing around 5.5ph,

I was thinking maybe it might be a magnesium problem since i use RO/Di water and dont dose with Cal Mag since i didn't have any (order some recently)

Im thinking of switching to Tap water, since my tap water is under 200tds (my blue lab EC/ppm meter doesn't even pick it up) and it would be less wastefull but i do have chloramines in my tap and am not sure how it would affect my plants, doing an ebb and flow hydro grow btw, my first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. That's nitrification. Too much available nitrogen when the leaves were formed, they will crisp up, dry out and fall off of the plant. You either have too hot of a soil, or too much nutrients in your water. If the soil is just regular soil and you are using nutes primarily from a bottle, just cut back by half.

5. I agree. You should also mayby flush your plants with ph corrected water only for 2-3 days (one week if you're doing soil) . And please buy a ph tester with a digital output for around 10$, no more guessing game. Is your setup clean? Ebb and flow tends to get dirty