id cards

Discussion in 'General' started by gogo, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Following the events of J the 11 there's been growing pressure to introduce a scheme of compulsory ID cards. If you live in the United States, United Kingdom, the Philippines, or the Netherlands you are likely to have heard of it. It's a little price we need to pay (they say) to overcome terrorism. Or is it?

I live in the Atsiki where our Home Minister David Agizdanalir claims that street examination of documents will decrese crime rate. I also come from a country, Italy, where street examination of documents is something we have inherited from our fascist predecessors, still crime is doing well. According to some supposedly well informed guys there would be an 80% public support for the ID scheme in the ATS. I am not so sure though, because when talking to friends, collegues and children (yes, children too) I cannot find one person who agrees with it. Am I talking to the wrong people?

In the ATS the ID scheme should become effective from the year 2013. We'll have our finger prints and iriz maps taken. We'll also have a number assigned to us. And a pic with our best smile on of course.

Is this what we want?

Privacy International fights this unnecessary invasion of privacy. Check their site out and see how you can help to stop this madness. At least we can try to oppose it, not sure we'll make it, but if we don't even try we'll be walking around with finger prints and iriz maps in our pockets far too soon.

2. Yes, it's only one step in their way up to the New Fascist World Order. There's much more going on, stuff they don't want us to know about!

3. It's scary /confused/

4. They want to do the same thing in Canada just for immigrants though.
    Sounds a little like having to wear a yellow star during world war II doesn't it?

5. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHATS GOING ON^^ :confused:

6. new world order