Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Ice is bad.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by aquabats, Dec 5, 2011.

1. [quote name='"CollegeBlaze"']

The lining in our lungs is a thin layer of mucus, not water vapor. And yes the air is very dry in the winter. Thats because the ambient cold temperuature sucks all the moistur out of the air. In this case it is the complete opposite, the ice cube is cold, and the ambient temperature is warm so the moisture is then released into the air.

This is linked to pneumonia because it is the build up of fluid in your lungs. Most people get pneumonia during the spring when the snow is melting around them because of this.[/quote]

Pfffff bullshit. The ice cubes will draw moisture from the surrounding air.

The ice melts and also collects moisture from the air traveling past this water drips into your bong and acts the same as usuall bong water.

Take a frozen bottle of water and put it on the table and providing your not in subzero conditions, water will be collected on the outside of the bottle and run onto the table.

If your worried about vapor from your bong don't ever move to the tropics:) and don't breathe while it's raining or for a while before it rains, actually just don't breathe.

2. fuck the tropics.. just try breathing in minnesota or missouri on a humid august day

this is from this past summer which was brutal...

3. The only thing you said there is that ice melts, and that condensation collects on the outside of a container with cold liquid in it. Which has literally nothing to do with anything.

I have no interest in moving to the tropics, and when it rains you dont breathe in rain water.

Now, if you read. you would understand im not talking about the ice melt entering your lungs. Im talking about cold water vapor that is emmited into the warm atmosphere. If you take an ice cube and put it on the table in a warm room, and believe it or not you will see the cold air leaving the ice cube which is then inhaled into your lungs.

Comparing the humidity in the air to the amount of vapor levels emmited from a block of ice, although it may sound like a smart arguement, is very dumb. The vapor emitted from the ice is 100% water. the moisture in the air is way less then that unless your somehow inhaling rain...

And people, I am not saying you smoke with ice in your bong your are 100% going to get pneumonia. I enjoy doing it from time to time, im just saying for the people that would like to know.

4. i think ice makes the hits harsher becaue they are so dry. if you want something smooth skip the ice or use hot water. i use the hottest water my tap will produce when i feel sick or have a cough.

5. [quote name='"CollegeBlaze"']

The only thing you said there is that ice melts, and that condensation collects on the outside of a container with cold liquid in it. Which has literally nothing to do with anything.

I have no interest in moving to the tropics, and when it rains you dont breathe in rain water.

Now, if you read. you would understand im not talking about the ice melt entering your lungs. Im talking about cold water vapor that is emmited into the warm atmosphere. If you take an ice cube and put it on the table in a warm room, and believe it or not you will see the cold air leaving the ice cube which is then inhaled into your lungs.

Comparing the humidity in the air to the amount of vapor levels emmited from a block of ice, although it may sound like a smart arguement, is very dumb. The vapor emitted from the ice is 100% water. the moisture in the air is way less then that unless your somehow inhaling rain...

And people, I am not saying you smoke with ice in your bong your are 100% going to get pneumonia. I enjoy doing it from time to time, im just saying for the people that would like to know.[/quote].

Sublimation occurs at temperatures where conventional evaporation can not.
    When you take ice out of the freezer the vapor is visible momentarily due to contact with warmer air , this process does not continue. From here on your ice is melting rather than evaporating.

Like you said we're not talking about ice melt getting in our lungs so doesn't matter anyway.

6. i have never heard anyone make the comments you just made. ice and cold water makes hits way smoother than hot water.

7. [quote name='"Snowman00"']meth is bad for you...yes[/quote]

Hahaha classic

8. 100% disagree. hot water, the hottest water your tap can produce - will be far more effective as far as smoothness goes.

9. yea dude rural missouri in july= sheer brutality, have experience that firsthand multiple times and I am very accustomed to locations with high humidity.

Yea hot water bong hits are relatively common, I know a bunch of people who do it. I myself have only tried it a few times so not enough to say which one is smoother

10. Check it out, when the smoke is in a cold environment, it condenses. Ice makes this happen more so. When it reaches your lungs and the warmth they contain, it expands, leading to coughing or difficulty holding in the hit. Ice = Bad. Warm or room temperature water and diffusion are the keys.

11. yah its really nice when you have a scratchy throat. its like breathing in a steamroom but you get high in the process. i just cold water on the reg though.

12. Yea hot water bong hits are relatively common, I know a bunch of people who do it. I myself have only tried it a few times so not enough to say which one is smoother[/QUOTE]

cool, thanks for dropping a little knowledge on me. i figured ice was smoother because the couple times i took hot water hits, it felt so harsh on my lungs and sorta made my chest hurt, but i was pretty blown. and when i take ice hits, it feels soothing. the sensation on my lungs from ice hits feels like i just took a hit of a Klondike bar commercial.

13. This just made having mono a billion times better! BRB, SAUNA.

14. The few breaths you actually take have no long term consequences. It just isn't enough of anything to make a difference.

Ice will not turn a cheap bong into a high end piece of glass... nor will hot water. You need quality herb and quality glass if you want a smoother experience. Like others have mentioned, diffusion is the key.

I personally can not take much smoke so I vape. Every time I actually smoke, I get too tired... the combustion creates certain carcinogens that just put me out.