Ice dwc first grow 150hps

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by bigcountry07, Apr 5, 2013.

1. This is my first grow Im growing Ice in 5 gallon DWC setups i use advanced nutes ph perfect under a 150w hps in a closet thats around 6 ft tall 3 ft wide 2 ft deep these pictures were taken right after changing nutes for 12/12 if u see something wrong or just wanna throw me some knowledge id appreciate whatever you got!

Attached Files:

• 216.jpg
      216.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 217.jpg
      217.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • 218.jpg
      218.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • 219.jpg
      219.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  2. They look good man i just switched mine to 12/12 7 days ago

3. I would have probably let them get a little bigger before switching to 12/12...... is there any reason why you did it so early? do you have space restrictions?

4. Good luck on your flowering bro!
    it does seem a bit early because im a little worried if i vegged to 2 ft that they might out grow the closet. i plan on popping 2 more seeds to clone from so this grow is kind of a practice run to see how big i can get them in the space i have to work with. so if this grow only fills the closet halfway,then i know the next ones i can veg a bit longer!
    Ty for stopping by, ill keep updating the best i can!

5. So tomorrow is my 1 week mark of flowering and i'm interested in topping my plants. The thing is i have no experience in doing so! Being how some strains can grow slightly different than others, i want to post a couple pics of the top of my plants in hopes that someone with experience in topping could basically pin point an exact location where i should cut in order to top it!

On a side note, i was wondering if differing heights could present lighting issues! Being that i only have the one 150 hps, i cant really have 2 different light heights, and i'm concerned that the taller one might possibly be too close to the light while the shorter plant would be just right!

Any and all information or advice would be helpful and greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

6. yeah, you are gonna run into issues if you only have one light but plants that have 2 different heights. what you can do to counter that is to put a book or something underneath the shorter one to raise it up to the same height as the taller plant.

I wouldn't reccomend topping in flower. the latest I'd do it would be a week prior to the flip. but that's just me.

7. Way to improvise! i just need something solid since i don't own any books lol

Im sure topping works either way but its proven to still work 1 week in but maybe there's a separate benefit to topping a week before.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z_GUGQLIDw&list=PLDE347F6B63FA507F

The topping occurs around 5:35 one week into flower and around 7:55 is wehn the development of 2 buds is clear!

Thanks for dropping some knowledge and helpin out.

8. That 150watt seems to be workin good for ya. Plants look great man. Just got my 150 in. Got a WW under it in a 5 gallon bucket with a scrog net. Keep the pictures comin through flowering so I can see what I have to look forward to!

9. You can top one week in jus fine.. ive gone as far as 3 weeks in and had some gnarly result.. ive had buds as wide as my head and hard as rocks.. far as the ww dude, let them girls veg cause the load is worth it.. awesome smoke, top notch doobies.. might just follow along, see how this goes

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks for stopping by guys!

I'm also really impressed with the 150, but it probably helps that i overdosed on the Mylar in such a small area lol
    i can only hope to get buds as big as my head because i got an alien head lol
    id love for you guys to stop by once in a while, because i'm def gonna keep the pics coming up to harvest time!

11. I think i might have a problem and hoping to nip it in the bud!
    some leafs toward the top of my plant are slightly curling and almost looking as if they are being burned but my 150hps is almost a foot away, i change nutes once a week, making sure to wipe the bucket clean before refilling! yet my other (taller) plant doesn't have any of the same issues! i was hoping we could throw some ideas around in hopes of a diagnosis! this is the first day ive noticed the issues, and i inspect my plants daily to catch small signs of issues like this! it seems like it might be nute burn yet its been 5 days since changing nutes....i would think it would have been there sooner?!..

This is the good plant...no curling or burning signs!

[​IMG]

This is my biggest concern...
    [​IMG]

same (smaller) plant....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone can think of anything, or if you need to ask me something in order to figure it out, please feel free to drop some knowledge, it will be very very helpful

12. Cant say for sure, but less than a foot away could be heat.. have you tried to move the light or are you cooling the light? Its just a thot but my first thought..

13. Last 2 pics look like nute burn.. maybe just lower yer nute strength a hair.. i like tiny burnt tips as i know ive axed her out and then i just back off a hair.. are you losin water to evap, maybe the waters evaporating and leaving nutes behind, causing higher than desired levels? Just my opinion as im no expert at diagnosis.. im just throwin some ideas at ya...

14. ya know, my water has been dropping awfully fast to me, but this is my first dwc so idk really how fast it should go! it seems like the more logical idea being that the light is exactly 11 inches from the tops, which i would think if it were the light it would be more generalized rather than just a few specific spots, not to mention the plant with the issues is shorter! backing off nutes may be a good idea but ive fed full strength for over 4 weeks now and this is the really the first ive noticed! after noticing the drop in wter, i added some tap water, figuring the same you did....that it evap'd and left nutes so i topped it off, the thing is being tap water, idk if this is a ph thing either! i use PH Perfect line from Advanced Nutes so i dont test my water, even tho thats not a good excuse :(

I appreciate the ideas, they are def helpful, relevant, and possibly provide a solution in turn

SN: im going to raise the light 2 inches putting it at 13 inches, ill provide updates soon!

15. #15 bigcountry07, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2013
    Update...Ok the issue seems to be fixing itself, surely hasnt gotten worse :D
    i just cleaned and fed for week 3... i feed with advances nutes ph perfect but just realized after 3 god damn weeks that i am still feeding the grow formula!!!
    so next week i have to grab the bloom formula :( :( i also feed B52, Nirvana, and Vitamino(botanicare line) they seem to be doing good, but hopefully once my dumbass starts using the bloom formula they will just burst with buds!!
    putting my idiocy aside, i just wanna know what everyone thinks about how its going so far! and of course....heres some pics taken today after feeding!!
    Enjoy and thank you for stopping by!

i just thought maybe i could completely empty the buckets and refeed all the same with fresh water and the Bloom formula....or should i just let it go the whole week with the grow i just fed it with?!?! since the bloom formula is kinda cheap i wouldnt mind wsting the nutes i just fed it if it would be more beneficial to waste current nutes to refeed with bloom!?.. please and ty for help!

Attached Files:

16. white hairs are coming! cant wait til tomorrow i get some ph perfect bloom

Attached Files:

17. so i grabbed Ph Perfect Bloom formula today, cleaned/changed nutes which are Advance nutes ph perfect bloom, Nirvana, B52, and vitamino(Botanicare line).
    i think the plants are looking great and i hope they look much better ina few days now that i have bloom formula lol it seems as if you guys are losing interest or just waiting for bud pics :D i took some pics, which arent a whole lot different from 2 days ago but i just love taking pics of those beautiful baby buds lol
    please feel free to drop suggestions of any sort! being my first grow i'd prefer to learn whatever i can!

But enough talk from here, here are baby buds!..

Attached Files:

18. ah the baby buds..........How big they will grow.........they wont be babies for long bro........Good luck on those forearm sized nugs

19. ^^ what he said ^^

20. Thanks, bein that im 6'5", 280, id LOVE that lol

i was also curious if and when should i trim the big fan leaves?
    if anyone can weigh in thank you