ice cubes?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by uponone750, Jan 14, 2010.

1. does anyone know if ice cubes works...it "shock" it an makes it grow faster...? does it really work or does is kill it?

2. errr wat?

3. just out of common sense. that'd shock it. its like a pet fish. they say let it sit in its bag from the store in your tank so it gets used to the water temp slowly and then slit the bag to let the 2 waters mix. drastic change causes shock. that should go for anything. especially living things as fragile as a plant

4. I know several growers that do this. I am told that it does
    help fatten up buds right b4 the chop. It's mainly used in hydro, and what they do is, right b4 u harvest after u flush u put ice in the res and give them 24-36 hours of str8 dark. It's supposed to simulate a freeze and tricks the plant into using every last drop of energy to ramp up oil production to protect itself from the cold. I personally have never tried this, mainly b/c I'm still in soil, but I'll b makin the switch within a month and I plan on giving it a try. I wouldn't think it could do to much damage if it's done right b4 the chop. If u end up doin it let me no how it compares to the yeild of your regular process. Good Luck

5. Doesn't it seem contradictory to say "cold, and dark = oil production" when most of the research out there that says warm, arid, high elevation = more resin production. Many of the most potent and high percentage THC landrace strains come from equatorial highlands (high elevation, dry and warm) not areas where the plant needs to "protect itself from cold."

I've done root shock flushing but for very different reasons. When you shock the root zone, whether with ice or boiling water, there is one guaranteed effect: Stomatal Closure. Something I've found to be very beneficial in my drying/curing process.

6. Just LST instead.

7. That's why they call it shocking the plant. U r throwing somethin at it that it's never had to deal with b4. The reason dry climates produce stickier bud is it has to produce more resin to protect itself from drying out. I am by no means an expert on this method, like I said b4 I've never tried it myself, but I personally know at least 4 legal Canadian growers that swear by this and do this for every harvest. I mean what's the worst that could happen? Your buds aren't gonna dry up to nothing or anything! Lol. I'm sure gonna try it myself once I make the switch. Might have to hook up a lil side by side experiment action. Keep it Green fellas