Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ibs and medical mj

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by rastaman25, Dec 29, 2004.

1. i have irratable bowl syndrome and chronic nausea herb seems to help relieve the pain of abdominal pain i was wondering if anyone else out thier uses herb for this and wut chances thier are of getting a medical mj perscription in california for the treatment of chronic abdominal pain

"smoke de herb"

2. I use MJ for my IBS as it does help calm the spasticity, alleviates the nausea and stimulates the appetite. I live in Oregon and IBS is NOT on the list but Crohn's Disease and Chronic Pain ARE... It would depend on if your practioner who's doing the documentation can satisfy the law by stating that in their opinion, MJ would be beneficial for the chronic pain and debilitative effects you are suffering.

Oregon's Dept of Health and Human Services ( http://www.dhs.state.or.us/index.html ) is the regulating agency and has much information and related links that help here... I'm certain that California has a similar official website.

Another website you might look at is the Stormy Ray Foundation ( www.stormyray.org )... I think they do have info on California's regulations, etc...

Hope this helps a little bit.

3. Well Crohn's Disease, which I have and smoke MJ for is a form of IBS I believe... And have you been fully tested to make sure you dont just have IBS, from your description could be Crohn's, talk to your doctor..

4. thanks for the info. and have you guys talked to your doctors about using mj to help you and possibly getting a perscription if so i need some help on how to bring this up and things to ask my doctor

5. I live in the NE, no chance of getting med permit.. Which boggles me, I mean we live in the USA (obviously not everyone does, speaking strictly americans here), yet why can you live in California, get a permit, while I can have the same disease, benefite just as much from the MJ, yet have no chance of getting a permit in the same country.. really sad :(

6. Hi There Again...

I have a pretty good website for IBS sufferers that may assist you in gaining more control and minimize symptoms...

www.helpforibs.com

They have a FREE newsletter that you can subscribe to that contains a lot of good stuff.

My doctor won't recommend MJ for any reason... Many are afraid of licensing hassles or worse from the feds, medical boards, etc...

You will probably have to find a doctor recommended by another cardholder to do this.

7. My mistake, Crohns is an Inflammatory Bowel Disease, not Irritable Bowel Disease... they all suck tho :(