Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I would like to know how to turn your weed purple

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tonz, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Ive heard dealers put their weed in the freezer or sumthing to make it turn purple and dealers sold it for more money saying it was high quality..How do they do it?

2. Its a top secret so don't tell anyone but when they're growing they feed the plants grape soda instead of water.

3. I'm a grower. There is a way to turn your bud purple during growing. But ONLY uiring growing it's temperature and strain. and climate and altitude. Well that's one way. you cant add anything to it to make it purple it's not safe to smoke.

4. [quote name='"DriftingApart"']Answering this question with a quote from another post, because I don't feel like rewriting it.

[/quote]

What you quoted is true but it has been shown that colder temperatures during the last stages of flowering can help these pigments to show. Even if they are there they may not poke through until evoked.

5. Don't add random stuff to your weed to make it purple, man.

if you want purple weed, get some purp seeds and grow it properly.

No one wants adulterated weed.

6. grind up crayons

7. Yeah I've heard people cooling the roots?

My dealer knew better than to sell me any lines of purple.

I don't mind if it is, but don't fucking mention it like I'm some stupid kid.

i offer less $ if you try hyping purple, or go elsewhere.

8. Weed turns purple when it's grown in cooler than average growing conditions

A lot of people don't know this, and they think that purple buds mean the weed is better, but it's all about the growing temperature

Because of this, people will pay more for purp, even though it would be just as potent if it had no purple in it.

9. One time my AK-47 had a flake of a purple leaf, that was pretty cool :smoke:

It's the grow temps bro. :D Lots of other factors but I believe the growing temp has a lot to do with it.

10. Thought purp was weaker most time due to the protection it was doin in the cold to protect it self.. not a grower tho soo.

11. Purple weed is not only due to temp, some (original purp) is geneticly purple not temp related.

12. So does it lose potency?

13. You turn it purple by buying better weed :O

14. Some of the best weed I've smoked were usually pale green.

Darker bud just isn't impressive.

15. Exactly, iv had purp that just failed to "blow" me away like some other non-colored buds have (white widow) for example... is better then most purples iv had.

16. Nothin' but lulz.

17. grow it in the cold. ive done this for a couple years. keep a couple plants outside until the beggining of november and there a nice shade of purple. the leaves turn purple as well.

18. I just love all the colors that buds turn. They are beautiful flowers with pleasant aromas and a nice medicinal properties :)

19. Purple plants look awesome... Just saying