I work at Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Optimus Ganj, Mar 10, 2011.

1. I work at walmart and i fucking hate it. Anyone have a job they hate more tthan mine ?

2. From 19-22 I worked at a concrete statue making place for 7 bucks an hour off the books. Really hard work for little pay. Didn't really hate it.. got muscles and some money in my pocket, but it was definitely the lowest paying for the amount of work I had to do.

3. Quit bitching...at least you have a job.
    Unemployment is 12% percent here in Florida.
    Yea it probably sucks but at least you have an income.
    Make the best of it, find a way to enjoy it.
    I would LOVE to have your job!!! ;)

4. i recently wrote a research paper on why wal-mart sucks....

In other news i work in a restaurant and i like it a lot. I just chill and cook food all day. Also my manager is 19 and chill as fuck.

5. worked at a town salvage yard one summer when I was 17 pounding out scrap metal/aluminum for like $7.25 an hour. It would be like 100 degrees and I'd be standing out there with a mallet all day.

6. I work at a craft store and i love what i do, i love the people i work with, but my manager hates me (for no reason) and i have really shitty hours.

Two people just left within the past month and i asked for a couple more hours, she said they didn't have any, but what happened to the hours they were working? Did they just disappear? :confused:

And virtually every piece of merchandise we sell was made in China.

7. I work at an italian restaurant as a server and made 12 DOLLARS during the lunch shift today. Twelve dollars for 4 hours of serving when we were slammed in the shitty weather. I'd gladly trade 4 hours today for your $7.25 at walmart for my being bitched at by rich suburban white moms for..3 dollars an hour.

Count your blessings. Most of us have shitty jobs at one time or another. At least we have a job..grumble grumble.

8. i use to work at walmart changing oil and tires for old people...it wasn't too bad

9. haha i worked for about 4 hours doing yard work for this one lady a long time back. no joke i got 5 dollars and she said that was more then she wanted to pay at that. suffice to say i never went back there lol

10. harsh man. Some old people are way too stuck in their day. Its more embarrassing for them than anything.

Frustrating for us though, because they dont realise how stupid they sound

11. yea i work in a restaurant and on my first day i was told they dont care what i eat as long as its not steak or lobster... and i even get that every now and then.. usually just cool food all day and eat all i want.. pretty nice..

i once made a deep fried breakfast burrito it was probably the dankest thing i have ever come up with,,

12. i used to work at breakfast/sandwich stop ( bagels, coffee, deli sandwiches that kinda place) pay was low and it sucked when we got slammed but all in all it was fun everyone I worked with was around my age and were cool so we had a good time, and I got some free food and made some crazy good food for myself there, all sorts of crazy combinations

13. Damn, it's always really good or really bad with the old folks.

I do some yardwork every now and then for my girls grandma, and I love it.

I'll mow the lawn which will take me like 15 minutes and she'll give me 20$.
    Pays off to be a "Nice young Lad".

14. I work at wal mart as well. Im just glad to have a job, so I can pay rent, keep up with school, and can be "independent" but yeah, the job does suck. I work too hard for what Im paid (I work in the back unloading trucks and keeping inventory)

15. I worked for a marketing company that sold direct tv in SAMs club and best buy. It sucked ass. I had to show up at the office at 9 am for two or three hours of meetings/practice your slimy sales pitch. Then drive 10-30 miles(with no reimbursement) and work in the store for 8-9 hrs. You got minimum wage or 100 dollars a sale if you beat the minimum wage. Long story short the shithead payed me," took out the taxes himself", and shorted me 100$ for a sale. It was 6 days a week and I quit after 2 weeks.

16. I, honestly, don't care if it makes me ungrateful for bitching about my job. I do way too much there, clean up other people's messes, heat up their coffee (no joke) and do the dishes in the employee break room (even though none are mine). I literally do way more than my job description entails and they give me the shitty end of the stick.

I deserve better, but i'm kinda stuck with what i got.

17. i don't have a job and i still get paid, cause i'm gangster and stuff.

18. Because your name is Makizushi and you make the dankest sushi in the streets right now?

19. researchers call that a 'chimichanga'

20. I've worked as a lifeguard for 3 years. Chillest job ever. Morning shifts we literally just sit in side and doing nothing for 8 hours, o ya did I mention that with internet access? Afternoons, we get a 15 minute break every hour....and I make $11.59/hour :hello: