I wish I was a humming bird.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by scatfactory, May 19, 2010.

1. As lame or homosexual as that sounds it is what I wish to be.

Sitting in my back yard, enjoying my bong, the weather and just plain relaxing after work I was met by 3 hummingbirds. Two of which seemed very into each other and reminded me of horny teenagers flirting for whatever reason. The third was into nothing but himself. He was doing circles at extremely high speeds around every tall plant in sight. This guy, though a loner, was hauling all kinds of ass around my back yard. Zipping and zooming, this thing did not stop for a good 5 minutes! That little guy is what makes me wish I was a humming bird. I would fly my little ass off and do all kinds of crazy shit. Get trashed off sugar water and fly around like a bat out of hell.

Fuck yeah, I wish I was a humming bird.

2. they have a new surgery that turns you into one.

3. I wish i was a shark, king of the ocean!

4. know how i know your gay? you wanna be a hummingbird.....
    just kidding, that actually sounds really fun hahaha. FUCK it, i wanna be a humming bird..

5. I don't think you'd want to be a hummingbird since they flap their wings an insane amount of times a minute. Think about it, does that sound like something a stoner would do?

6. Glad those two things are still being equated :rolleyes:

7. I'm sure if I was accustomed to that fast movement and insanely rapid heartbeat it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I'm sure Sloths look at other animals and think that they are crazy for moving as fast as we do. It's all a matter of prospective. :)

8. everything is prospective.

9. - the hummingbird is the smallest bird and also the smallest of all animals that have a backbone.
    - a hummingbird has no sense of smell
    - because a hummingbird can rotate its wings in a circle, they are the only bird that can fly forwards, backwards, up, down ,sideways and hover in mid air.
    - to conserve energy while they sleep or when food is scarce, they can go into a hibernation-like state (torpor) where their metabolic rate is slowed to !/15th of its normal rate.
    - during migration, some hummingbirds make a non-stop 500 mile flight over the Gulf of Mexico.
    - during courtship dives a hummingbird can reach speeds up to 60 miles per hour and can average speeds of 20 to 30 miles per hour.
    - hummingbirds are the second largest family of birds with 343 species.
    - hummingbirds can beat their wings up to 80 times a second during normal flight and up to 200 times per second during a courtship dive.
    - a hummingbird has a heart rate that can reach up to 1,260 beats per minute.
    - percentage wise, the hummingbird has the largest brain of all birds (4.2% of its total body weight).
    - hummingbirds have very weak feet and use them mainly just for perching.

^^ That's pretty ill in my book - too bad they only live 3-4 years :(

10. Holy crap, imagine if they could beat their meat.

11. Thank you, DarkLeo, for pointing out the awesome facts about this little underestimated bird.

That would probably start a fire.

12. Or some serious friction burn!

13. Hey man!!!! I totally feel you on that thought. I wanna fly around and take nugs and leave with them and they wouldn't even see me :cool:

And that loner hummingbird was obviously the third wheel. Clearly he had nothing better to do than fly around trying to see if there was some other bitch for him to mack on since the other bird ruined his game and clearly had more swag.

14. This picture seems applicable

[​IMG]

hummingbirds are sweet shit, its a shame they dont come around my place too often. :(

15. we got some of those around here in the summer,,,,,

16. If anyone was givin a choice to stay human or become ANY animal you would choose human. We are so lucky to have been born human. Look at this world we live in.. how complex.. and we can communicate.. we can interpret random noises and give them meaning. We are unbelievable boy you better start appreciating what god gave you.

17. I want to be a dolphin.

18. watch out for the japanese they will stab you with long rods.

19. I want to be a basketball player (not really, just going along with the previous 2 posts)