I was sold a fake roor.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by I lik3 w33d, May 5, 2011.

1. I would take pictures of the reasons why you say the roor is fake and bring them with you to the shop. Be nice, but inform them that you bought a fake roor there and kindly ask if you can bring it back 100% clean unused for a refund, or if they can't do that ask if they'll give you a nice big discount on your next purchase. The shop won't listen to any threats of legal action unless you can get a lawyer friend to actually send them a letter, in which case theres still a high likelihood of them not listening anyway.

2. There is an awful lot of ignorance in this thread.

Easy, file a small claims court case.

Are you a crooked business owner that sells counterfeit merchandise? These are obviously two different circumstances.

You don't need a lawyer, just file a small claims case. They are required to respond to the subpoena.

3. Or you could just not buy fake RooR in the first place. Just sayin..:wave:

4. He's saying you bought a piece for the label and were fine with your straight tube until you realized it was fake.

You were convinced in the shop and you bought it. It's now your problem. The shop isn't going to admit to knowing it was fake.

5. How exactly does one know it's fake? Maybe it was something he didn't notice in the headshop. Maybe you could not say something ignorant again..:wave:

6. EXACTLY. It's a fucking straight tube. Dude's in the headshop, "Yeah, got my new Roor, can't wait to show everyone and get so much pussy with it. Oh and it rips... nice."

"Bro that's fake..."

"FUCK THIS THING!"

7. Honestly either look into your laws and rights and file the claims case as noted prior, inform the shop of this and come at them with a 'buyers regret' but not 'raging asshole' attitude, if they are nice they will help you out, if they are like so many other businesses, you'll be walking out those doors with only one option left, and that's when its easy

8. #28 Royal Jester, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    There is a thread to tell you how to tell a real from a fake when it comes to RooRs

9. What does that have to do with anything? I'm saying that OP was fine buying it and didn't have a problem until he knew it was fake. I'd never buy a Roor unless I knew it was coming from overseas. In my opinion the only real Roor is a .de.

10. If you like the tube and are ok with the price then I would just keep it and inform the shop that they are selling fake roors. You may be able to get a discount on some other purchase, or even a portion of your money back if they are really nice. You are within your rights to file a small claims case, but its hardly worth it to pay court fees and waste all that time over what i assume is a few hundred $$. There is a good chance the people who sold it didn't know it was fake in the first place, so they may be just as pissed as you. I would talk to them about it first, see if you can work out some sort of deal. And when you do that definitely bring something to prove that it's a fake.