Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I want to try edibles!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Brantley, Jul 23, 2012.

1. I have about 3-4 grams of weed, and I am DYING to try edibles. I know of the classical pot brownies thing but I don't want to use up all of my weed to cook some. Is there something I can make to 'Trial' it? Like make a sample sized just enough to get me high with like .5 grams? Some sort of recipe?

2. firecrackers

3. Firecrackers have to be the easiest. All you need is bud, graham crackers and peanut butter. I don't know the oven heating off the top of my head but a quick google or GC search will bring you to a bunch of threads about them.

4. Sounds promising, thanks!

5. [quote name='"Brantley"']Sounds promising, thanks![/quote]

make sure to decarb your herb.

6. Hey does anyone have a pot brownies recipe?

7. A small amount of canna oil, can easily be made into just one or two Canna Truffles... they require no baking :)

If you have a chocolate intolerance or just no cocoa powder, a quickie Peanut Butter Canna Fudge can be made by following the 'Canna BOMBS' recipe, pictured below, minus the chocolate coating and the fuse.

- The truffles just require your canna oil, plus a spoon each of powdered sugar, cocoa powder, a few drops of milk (a few drops, to half the volume of your oil), and a drop of vanilla if you'd like.

- A simple PB fudge just requires your oil, plus a small scoop of peanut butter, a spoon of powdered sugar, plus vanilla and a few drops of milk or cream if you'd like them (same as above).

Edible cannabis can be MUCH more powerful than smoking the same material, but how powerful an edible is when it's eaten, depends entirely on the quality of its processing....

In other words, how well edibles work, depends on how well you decarb or activate, and how well you promote bioavailability (ie. absorption and delivery to the bloodstream).

If you make something like firecrackers, expect to need a bit more than you'd usually smoke, to achieve an effect, and several times the amount you'd need in a pure oil source.
    For very many patients, who regularly eat medical oils, firecrackers have no effect regardless how much they eat; their rate of delivery and absorption simply can't keep up with a quality oil.

And people who don't regularly eat edibles, and can easily digest oils, can benefit even more than high-tolerance patients, when they step up their own processing methods.

If you make good oil, you can take and use the same amount of material it takes to make a single adequate firecracker, to produce several doses, or several days worth of stronger, longer-lasting medical grade edibles. :hello:

And luckily, oil is just as easy to make effort-wise, as a baked peanut butter cracker sandwich.. even if you only have a half hour to work with.

The less time you have, the more important it is that you're using a quality, pure edible solvent, or oil.

It's perfectly logical!

You'll make more progress, breaking down your glandular material, without a diluted or solid/water-contaminated oil source. :)

A few easy examples, for once you've made your oil.... I'll share a few photo tutorial links for making oil below, as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can always add it to pizzas, and even more easily to sandwiches...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(If you go to the grocery store or a deli, and buy a pre-made sandwich, you can always just open it up and drizzle away!)

[​IMG]

Cheese balls and dips, are very easy to make! Your good oil, plus a little cream cheese, cheddar cheese, parmesan, salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs and spices, and voila!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can even gently melt down your favorite chocolate bar (or make your own!) and stir your oil into it, before allowing it to solidify... wax paper is fine, if you don't have good candy and chocolate molds. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

a hash oil breakfast sammich' [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(My half always has a few pan-seared onions and green peppers [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

Then, you have easy, oil based drinkables...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And with a tincture, you can expand and 'lighten' your drinkable options... glycerin and alcohol tinctures do require
    more patience than oils, during processing, however.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(And edible-drinkables :p )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And if you decide you enjoy the more simple recipes, and adding your oil to store-bought or restaurant made foods....

You can get a little more adventurous!

You have TONS of options :smoke:

(ALL of the food items in the photo below, have been infused with hash oil, canna oil, tincture, or all of the above! [​IMG] )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stuffed shells... lasagna and lasagna roll-ups, can be made the same way. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Candies are great, too...

-"Meddy" Moose Pops-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Philosopher's STONES-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And if you want something really simple... just pop your oil into capsules when you're done!

These keep better than any other edible.. on a shelf, in a desk, or in the freezer.. and they're always ready for eating. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Some smoking concentrate made the same way as the above caps, minus the oil of course, with a faster wash/rinse...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just when you thought that the liquor flavored "Kopper's Cordials" couldn't possibly get any better...

We turned around, and made them with Golden Dragon. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Links to the oil recipes, and photo tutorials for the above edibles;

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included... similar to BHO, but made with food grade/drinking alcohol)

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe, oil can also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

I can't say it enough: Oil is EASY to make!!

Pure oil, is a pure and more efficient solvent for cannabis glandular material, making oil also requires less effort and fewer ingredients than a firecracker...

However much or little time you have, you will make the most progress without sacrificing and losing potency, by using a pure, and higher quality oil source.

The only difference between firecrackers and medical grade oil, effort-wise, is simply in the length of time you get to sit on your bum and wait, with a bong and a good book or movie, while your material is gently heated to encourage the best bioavailability and the most cannabinoid conversion.

(Many recreational and medical users prefer the narcotic/sleepy sensations produced by the additional formation of CBN, from THC... you'll have less total degradation, and if you prefer it, you can safely extend the process to encourage more CBN formation, with a more gentle, and lengthy process, than you can ever hope to achieve by using a method that is rushed and uses an oil source diluted with peanut solids while surrounded by absorptive crackers).Firecrackers serve one good purpose; they are for the times you're hiding from roommates, or parents, and when you literally can't make oil without seeming too suspicious, and you want to disguise what you're doing under the guise of a dorky peanut butter cracker sandwich. :p

And even then, you'd be better off with coconut oil, or clarified butter, and two thin chocolate biscuits or cookies for flavor (but odds are, you're not exactly doing your own shopping ;) ). :)

Any brownie recipe can be modified to include canna oil, even boxed mixes. :)

If you have an old favorite family recipe, once you've made your oil, that's the very best place you can begin! :yay:

Sorry for the long post!... hopefully this helps, and sparks your creativity! :wave:
    ---

(PS - To keep this page from becoming redundant, please delete the above photos if you 'quote' this message
    to reply, for the sake of the members who visit the thread after you... it's happened in the past, two or three
    times on a single page in at least one case, and the results are not good!
    :p - BKS )

8. Wow! Incredible post :)

9. Can You Be My Brother?

10. This.

You have a gift and it almost brought tears to my eyes.

11. [quote name='"YamahaR1"']
    Can You Be My Brother?[/quote]

I think you meant sister :p.

12. I think that was one of the most beautiful posts I have EVER seen.

13. If you want edibles go to Cali they got the best selection

14. [quote name='"Lucas3"']If you want edibles go to Cali they got the best selection[/quote]

Or just make your own..