I want to start taking cold showers.

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by incrededibles, Jun 13, 2018.

1. I can be a bit of a wimp. I’d like some inspiration. Who here does them?

2. You don't. Back in 2016 I had no warm water for three months. Luckily in late summer.
    It was so terrible I had to have had at least 4 beers before showering.

That last sentence is grammatically correct ain't it? English is a funny language

3. Boooooooooooooooooooo inspire me

• Like Like x 1
  4. Your Kidding right.....................LOL
    I take a lukewarm shower and rinse with nothing but Cold
    Makes me feel invigorated
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I've tried that years ago. Kinda did what Stiggy recommends, start warm then rinse cold. Alternately just progressively make your showers colder over a period of days/weeks. I'm more partial to a blast of cold right at the end but I don't do it as part of my routine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. When we had the lake house we bathed in the lake every morn
    Spring summer and fall

7. I Love to do it on Hot nights
    Cools the body right the fuck down

• Like Like x 1
  8. Man Up

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. My husband calls me a lobster because I like to take my showers hot, hot, hot but because he and I shower together I start off hot and gradually cool it down until it's cold enough for him to get in.

I think start off your usual preferred heat and cool it down while you're in there. Over time just gradually lower the starting heat until you're at your goal. I have heard that cold showers are better for you and in the summer time the hot showers can be uncomfortable even for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. You're lucky. I had to stop taking hot showers and baths after I started developing dyshidrotic eczema, a few itchy "bug bite" blisters, between my fingers and toes. It's nothing too terrible just a sign my skin doesn't like hot hot water.

11. New Avatar for you LOL
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Cold showers in the dark is like standing under a waterfall in a cave :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. wet your head and feet first. they are the least "painfull" or least likely tomake you run out of the shower lol. once you got your head wet the rest isnt as bad.

14. My father has been doing it for more than 20 years. It is important to reduce the temperature of water step by step.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've heard such good things about doing this.. I'm going to start this too. I think reducing temp step by step is the best way to do it!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. IMO have the water hotter than you like until you feel too hot then blast it cold and 'rinse' the heat off, then go back to hot and repeat, they are called contrast showers.

Hoping into a freezing shower is painful, especially mentally before you get in, very hard to stick with it (I dont).

17. Move to SE Asia .

18. Whenever i take a cold shower, my nipples get hard enough to cut thru diamond.

19. #19 topazann, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    Keep going. This is good.

I strongly suggest you read the book "Becoming the Ice Man" by Wim Hof.
    After this book I got in this habit 2 years ago and no matter how the weather is outside I only take cold showers albeit where I am from the coldest is not very cold i.e. between 10C to 18C (54F to 64F)
    It really wakes up your body & brain. And gives you jolt of energy to start the rest of the day. If you work out this will be a total game changer, a cold shower really helps any muscle soreness. Think of this like an ice pack for your body. Feels really good. Also keeps your skin fresh.