I want to start taking cold showers.

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by incrededibles, Jun 13, 2018 at 6:42 PM.

1. I can be a bit of a wimp. I’d like some inspiration. Who here does them?

2. You don't. Back in 2016 I had no warm water for three months. Luckily in late summer.
    It was so terrible I had to have had at least 4 beers before showering.

That last sentence is grammatically correct ain't it? English is a funny language

3. Boooooooooooooooooooo inspire me

• Like Like x 1
  4. Your Kidding right.....................LOL
    I take a lukewarm shower and rinse with nothing but Cold
    Makes me feel invigorated
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I've tried that years ago. Kinda did what Stiggy recommends, start warm then rinse cold. Alternately just progressively make your showers colder over a period of days/weeks. I'm more partial to a blast of cold right at the end but I don't do it as part of my routine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. When we had the lake house we bathed in the lake every morn
    Spring summer and fall

7. I Love to do it on Hot nights
    Cools the body right the fuck down

• Like Like x 1
  8. Man Up

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. My husband calls me a lobster because I like to take my showers hot, hot, hot but because he and I shower together I start off hot and gradually cool it down until it's cold enough for him to get in.

I think start off your usual preferred heat and cool it down while you're in there. Over time just gradually lower the starting heat until you're at your goal. I have heard that cold showers are better for you and in the summer time the hot showers can be uncomfortable even for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. You're lucky. I had to stop taking hot showers and baths after I started developing dyshidrotic eczema, a few itchy "bug bite" blisters, between my fingers and toes. It's nothing too terrible just a sign my skin doesn't like hot hot water.

11. New Avatar for you LOL
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1

Grasscity Deals Near You