I want to start growing.

Discussion in 'Security' started by mrjohnsmith61, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Hello everybody i'm a lurker that finally signed up. I am a current MMJ patient and I want to start growing outdoors. My only other growing experience was many years ago I did 2 plants with seeds under hps in a hydro bucket. Right about the time they were getting ripe someone broke into my house and stole them both. I moved to a smaller home recently and don't have a designated indoor area. I have a small patio area in the back that gets good light. I was thinking about getting a clone and growing outdoors. How do I keep my neighbors from stealing it?

2. There is no way to keep it 100% safe but a dog may help,best bet is to have a plush green backyard full of plants and blend them in.;)

3. If your a mmj patient and worried about security why don't you grow inside? What do you mean you don't have a "designated indoor area"? It can be anything from a small closet to a bathroom.

4. Well I dont have any spare rooms. I dont really wanna stick it in my closet and have light glaring all night.

5. There are ways to go about doing this. You can create a stealth cabinet if your a craftsman or buy a grow tent which runs about $100. Check out the stealth setups on the forums. You will yield better indoors and you have a MMJ card so I don't see why you would be concerned about the light. Either way you would be growing it on your property. If its outside and someone is coming over, you can't hide it very well.

6. Like Colts said, you should look into building or buying a cabinet or grow space - it should be lightproof anyway, because when you flower them you need it to be dark 12 hours a day. If you see light coming from your cabinet, you're doing it wrong :p

7. i have some in my closet under a600w hps now and i just hang a couple old blankets over the door and it seems to work well

8. also dont tell ANYONE no matter how close you think you are

9. check out some grow journals to get started :rolleyes: