I want to move to California

Discussion in 'General' started by Hyer, Mar 12, 2010.

1. So i live in baltimore maryland. Im not doing too well for my self, not in school or anything. And i am starting to get extremely bored with my city, and want to go do/see greater things.

So california it is, for some obvious reason. Does anyone have any advice on moving to a new city and basically starting from scratch. Obviously it helps to know someone, and have money but whats some other stuff.

2. Try and sign up at a community college somewhere in northern california. So-cal tends to be a bit more expensive than most northern areas. But if all else fails just be a bum in Humboldt county. it cant be that bad haha

3. Yea i was thinking of doing something like that until i get established

it would be great of the CC's had dorms. Non here have them i dont think, but if they did there that would help me out

any other californian input.

4. It's hella expensive. That's the only thing holding me back.

5. evrybody wants to live there. if money is an issue move to watts in LA or sum shit. evrybody has to make it to the top somehow and if ur not rich already yu aint gonna be no baller overnight.

6. Im gettin famous in LA :D

Nah i think i need to just take advantage of the buds in cali.

7. I would try to line up a job... however small, just so I'd know I have a source of income and a launching platform

As far as residence goes, I'd think an apartment would be the best place to start.. if you can afford a relatively small one. Check around online.. perhaps somewhere close to a CC

How successful your assimilation will be depends upon your current financial situation though.. you can't move to cali straight broke

8. get used to the word "hella" a trend us rightcoasters never grabbed a hold of cause its douchey.

:hello:

other than that you should save up enough money for a few months of rent and bills.
    that way you have time to get settled

9. It's not bad at all, bums have a lot to do with the cultures of those areas

10. i cant find one damn job in cali and ive lived here my hole life. so i just work in construction with my dad

11. 'hella' is used mostly in northern ca, and is it no way 'douchey'. It's a word just like any other word, a lot of places you go they always have that one unique word they use all the time.

Hella is just a quicker way of saying hell of

12. Hendrix & Sublime?! You'll fit right in in Cali! I live in southern california, in ventura county. Its an hour north of LA and anout 5 hours south of San Fran. Its 30 min from Malibu (the beach), 2 hours to the closest mountain (snowboarding), 1 hour from hollywood and a great little community. I personally wouldnt leave southern cali! :smoking:

And of course, I buy my weed from the store. o_O

13. You should save up some money man, while your doing that do some research on where you think you might want to live in CA. I'm not sure how your going to get here, but when you do the most important thing is to find some source of income, jobs are very very hard to get right now here no matter where you go! After you find your shelter and income, I'd suggest signing up for college or a community college.

Just some more tips, be yourself man! If you meet people here and they're going to make fun of you for being yourself, then you don't want to hang out with those people. There are many different types of people in Ca and you'll be able to find some very open minded understanding people here!

Good luck man!

14. #14 heyitsmeallen, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
    so when you say "thats hella tight" you mean "thats hell of tight" doesnt make sense
    and i know people from so-cal and people from st. louis and they also say hella. so its not exclusively northern cal

no offense intended to users of the word, i just dont get it.
    and most of the people i know agree

15. Yeah that "hella" thing doesnt come south of fresno.. which is like 2 hours north of here. Its funny how it litterally stops being used there and southof there.

16. Makes perfect sense to me, never heard someone say "that's hell of tight" I've heard that a lot of places, Ohio, Texas, Ca.

Hella (word) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No offense taken man, just a peaceful conversation :bongin:

17. you can get a place in the north bay, like santa rosa for around 500$ a month. Theres a bunch of apartment complexes in the surrounding area and a JC in santa rosa. Check it out

18. yeah. i live in nc.
    on the coast. so we are completely different around here.
    ive never in my life heard someone say "thats hell of tight"
    the sound of the word just sounds funny to me.

like in virgina people say "that had me weak" like saying something is funny.
    just doesnt work for me. lol

19. Ahhh well east coast has their own slang, so it makes sense that you wouldn't of heard that all the way over there, especially in NC. I love nc and sc, have some close friends that live there

20. what parts of NC? im in manteo.

little island on the coast.