Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I want to learn!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by starfish, May 3, 2008.

1. I've been smoking for years but I actually want to learn about the types of cannabis and how can I tell what type it is when looking at it and what types are around my area. The reason for learning is also b/c I feel like I'm getting ripped off when I do buy weed b/c I don't know what i'm looking for and I don't know what I'm getting. Any teachers out there? :) Any tips will be appreciated!
    :love:

2. if u want to see a list of strains there is a sticky in the recreational use forum with all of em on it

3. Well just find out from smokers/dealers in your area what kinds of bud you have, and look em up online. Possible www.webehigh.com has some TN-specific info on the strains you have local. As for what to look for, I dunno how much you know exactly so no condescension intended, but crystals (trichomes), smell, color, and the shape/size of the buds are all tell-tales.

4. Well, good weed - well looks nice. If it looks shitty =0 it probably is

5. orange hairs, crystals, smell, feel, overall appearance, and smoke are all good indications of bomb weed. if it looks like compressed dirt then it's prolly schwag. if u get whole nugs, that leave ur fingers sticky and it makes u want to nut all over it when u look at it, then it's prolly that fire. it just comes with experience of buying

6. you sure you been smoking 8 years.

you learn good weed from bad soooo quick its insane, if you think your getting ripped than you dont know your stuff at all, there are two types of cannabis,
    or three if you really wanna consider that one a smokeable plat,

cannabis sativa, and cannabis indica , and cannabis ruderrails.

cannabis sativa is generaly lighter fluffy buds, takes alot longer to flower,
    and has a uplifting high, not couchlocky at all, sometimes a little speedy even. you can tell this plant from cannabis indica in the growth phase by its taller stature, lanky thinner limbs and long skinny leaves.

cannabis indica, is more of a "narcotic" stone, with higher contents of CBD and other cannabinoids to give you the tired couchlock feeling, (iloveindica)
    indica`s, grow short and stout with broader leaves and are meatier plants,

cannabis ruder rails is what grows wild in the ditches in some states west from where i am. i guess thats why some call dirt weed ditch weed, because its worthless? lol

but alot of buds today are crossed between indica and sativa, those are F1 hybrids and a whole other story.

google is your friend