I want to just give up..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Rediah1, Mar 24, 2012.

1. My dad just decided to randomly drug test me today to check whether I quit smoking or not, because I got caught a few months back by my parents and told him I would stop. I did for a while, and then I started back up occasionally, but figured out the best way to not get caught again was by never giving them a reason to believe I was still smoking. Well it seems they need not reason, for my dad decided to randomly drug test me.
    It was a urine drug test that was specifically made for testing thc, and theres no way I would pass considering I smoked earlier today. So l tried to stall for a little, so I could think of something to do to make it come out negative. Then it hit me. I had just noticed my brother went to the bathroom and so it was my perfect chance. After my brother got out I went in and just as I had thought he would have, he didnt flush completely. I scooped some of the piss out of the toilet with the cup, and gave that to my dad to test. To my total surprise it came out positive! My brother doesnt smoke!! Turns out he was in the car with me when I was smoking like a week ago, and I think he got some secondhand.
    My dad pretty much just told me im a failure and that I am going to grow up to be working at the 7-11, and a nobody. That has just torn me apart that my dad of all people just told me that. My dad also called me a fool liar and that I go behind the back of my family and lie to them. Im so depressed and devasted right now...honestly I just want to give up on life. I have so much against me right now, and I pretty much have no family support, and I dont feel like I can go to my friends for this, or that anyone cares.

The worst part is that Im not even a bad person. Im a freshman in college and pursueing a bachelors in accounting, and probably a masters and cpa as well. Ive never gotten in trouble with the law, or caused anyone any trouble. I keep up my grades, and I always put school work first, and I definately have my priorities on check. Its just my dad is stuck with some ignorant strict views, and I have to suffer. Im honestly just at the point now where I want to just say fuck it now, and I just dont want to be living miserably..

2. Just quit smoking, it isn't that hard. Smoke when you move into your own place and got your shit together.

3. Finish up your school get a good job that you enjoy and get the fuck out. Prove to him that you can make something great of yourself even with weed....

4. Sucks bro but yeah your bro smokes or has smoked cuz its impossible to come up positive from secondhand smoke especialy since its been that long.

5. if you're successful in college, then keep doing what you're doing and fuck his opinion. you'll be an accountant making big bucks, and your dad will know you aren't a nobody.

6. Priorities.

My uncle gave me SO much crap for smoking early, wished he kicked my ass so I got a good education instead of looking for the next buzz.

7. Yea I am most definately quitting for now, but thats kind of besides the point. The underlying issue is that my dad sees me as a failure, and tbh this is not the first time he has said that. Its not just as simple as quitting and everything goes back to normal. My dad pretty much has no trust in me now, and im a complete failure in his eyes. The worst part is the look in my moms eyes, because I promised her I had quit. My parents are pakistani, and strictly traditonal. I have lost all trust. It has happened before when I got caught before, and it took months before I gained back freedom and trust, not even fully back. This is the third strike. My parents think their petty punishments will "set me straight", but what they dont realize is that by doing so its just causing me misery, and making me depressed. Family should never be the ones that hurt you. And I cant just move out or anything like that. It would be like abandoning my family in their eyes. In all ways I look at it, they see me as a failure now...

8. Parents just like to play those mind games with you, I'm sure he hasn't actually given up hope in you. But parents are pretty good at making you feel like shit haha. Don't worry hell get over it just quit smoking its gonna suck but it wont be that bad just pick another hobby.

9. #9 GaiaGuy, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2012
    Your father’s words were truly hurtful and the stuff of nightmares for overachieving kids; especially those in traditional families with a strong emphasis on pleasing the parents. But know that his words were meant to install feelings of guilt and shame. Parental guilt can work better than any threat. It is a tactic your father most likely faced himself when he was your age.

Do you imagine your dad was a perfect son, who never got into trouble or told a lie? He would be the first.

As much as it hurts, please remember this:

Those facts are important right now. Everything else will pass. Whatever he says he thinks of you will change. Soon you will graduate and move on with your life to a better future. It is that future your parents probably fear is in danger, so your dad is lashing out hard. Keep doing well and prove him wrong.

For now, give smoking a break and focus on other things. There will always be cannabis, and there will always be your family. Nobody can love you as much, or hurt you as much, as them. On a positive note, you may be able to better deal with your own kids one day.

Peace.

10. I know this is going to come across as me being a dick. Whatever. You dissapointed your dad because you've been smoking. Cry me a river, stop smoking, and get over it. Some us have actually seriously fucked up the entire family's dynamics with drugs.

This isn't something that's going to matter for very long, and you say you want to give up on life. Jesus Christ.

11. #11 Sunn, Mar 24, 2012
    this doesn't make any sense. fuck your dad. you know how to prove to him you aren't a failue and end up working at 7-11? by not being a failure and working at 7-11. If you have all your shit in order then fuck what he thinks.

Also your brother smokes, there's no way you could test positive just from being in the car with people smoking. there's is probably 1% or less of the thc left in the exhaled smoke and he's probably barely breathing any of that smoke anway compared to fresh air.

12. Smoke were gonna die because of 2012 anyways so just toke up and enjoy bro

13. #13 Ironic, Mar 24, 2012
    Your brother smokes. You don't test + from secondhand marijuana smoke that has got to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard from someone who is supposedly in college.

You keep saying that you are in college like it means something in relation to smoking. What it means is that you should be smart enough to learn how to fake one of those dinky at home tests, especially since this is your "third strike."

Its about respecting your parents. Learn to fake it, quit, or move.

14. [quote name='"Rediah1"']Yea I am most definately quitting for now, but thats kind of besides the point. The underlying issue is that my dad sees me as a failure, and tbh this is not the first time he has said that. Its not just as simple as quitting and everything goes back to normal. My dad pretty much has no trust in me now, and im a complete failure in his eyes. The worst part is the look in my moms eyes, because I promised her I had quit. My parents are pakistani, and strictly traditonal. I have lost all trust. It has happened before when I got caught before, and it took months before I gained back freedom and trust, not even fully back. This is the third strike. My parents think their petty punishments will "set me straight", but what they dont realize is that by doing so its just causing me misery, and making me depressed. Family should never be the ones that hurt you. And I cant just move out or anything like that. It would be like abandoning my family in their eyes. In all ways I look at it, they see me as a failure now...[/quote]

I can relate man my parents are Mexican and also pretty old school but you just gotta stop or put your foot down and tell them you smoke when you want and dgaf I've done the ladder its hard but they get over it and your life is easier.

15. #15 Rediah1, Mar 24, 2012
    Ok so you guys are saying there is no way he could test positive from secondhand and that he has to be smoking weed. I am 100% sure he doesnt smoke, and Im guessing he must have gotten som smoke fresh off the blunt then. Blunts burn continuously, and he probably inhaled some of the fresh smoke coming off the blunt, considering it was a hotbox in the car. Thats the only reason I can think of why he tested positive!

16. Be a man bend your mom over slap your sister and sucker punch your dad theyll understand hes a man! JKJK

if its a wal greens ones drink tons n tons of water pass your piss test keep toking !!

17. Pakistiani parents, I can imagine they are rather strict about drugs & such.

Doesn't change the fact that they are dead wrong about weed! My parents were like that too when I was growing up, but by the time I found out the facts about cannabis, my reaction was to laugh at their hysteria.

Dude, your parents are simply wrong about weed. You have no reason to feel bad that you lost their trust, or feel bad that you disappointed them. They are not acting rationally. And as human beings, our allegiance must be to truth and rationality. We can love our parents, but they can still be wrong!

-Keep your grades HIGH (lol)
    -Speak kindly, softly, and lovingly to your parents
    -Keep blazing!!!!

18. #18 weedlover420, Mar 24, 2012
    [quote name='"Rediah1"']Ok so you guys are saying there is no way he could test positive from secondhand and that he has to be smoking weed. I am 100% sure he doesnt smoke, and Im guessing he must have gotten som smoke fresh off the blunt then. Blunts burn continuously, and he probably inhaled some of the fresh smoke coming off the blunt, considering it was a hotbox in the car. Thats the only reason I can think of why he tested positive![/quote]

Nope science proves you wrong guarantee he has atleast smoked within a week of the test cuz my homie was on probation and we hotboxed a blunt with him but he didn't smoke and got tested right after by his p.o and came negative so yeah ur bro blazes as hard as it is to believe.lol Trust me on this one cuz I've seen it happen twice and both times the person that didn't smoke were on probo and still came up negative.

19. Not. A. Possibility.

The cutoff for those home drug tests is 50 ng/ml. It is not possible to inhale that much secondhand smoke. See what I'm saying?

20. Oh... what a surprise... Another post about someone getting caught up..

Your in college but you live at home with your family? Shitty situation. :ey:

There is no way in hell that your brother would get second hand from being in the same car. No.Way.

And also, it is impossible for the THC to be noticeable in his piss even if he was sitting in the car while it was boxed, which I'm guessing it wasn't.

Don't know why your worrying about family support if your old enough to support yourself (18+), except for payments to your schooling, which your dad is a douche if he completely drops paying for your college funds just because of you smoking herb.

All in all, your dad is a doucher. If your 18+ in college, shouldn't be a big deal..

Hmm.. Don't all freshman have to live in the dorms on campus?:rolleyes: