I want to grow weed?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Klimmit, Jul 25, 2012.

1. So, After much reading about indoor cultivation of marijuana, I have decided to dedicate some time to growing a plant. That's right, just one plant, as sort of a test. I'm getting my seeds from here

No, I'm not going to just stick the seed in dirt and water it. I'm going to germinate, regulate light cycles, check on ventilation...Basically I can spend lots of free time on this.

Autoflowering Seeds - Single Marijuana Seeds

the reason I want Autoflowering Female seeds is because I want the success rate of my plant to be high...Like I want this shit to work.

Maybe any growers can suggest a seed to get, you know, for beginners, that packs a good punch!

And maybe some tips would be helpful!

2. My suggestion is don't do an auto. Just get a feminized non-auto, they work just as well if not better in the end.

Other than that, choosing a seed is like choosing a wall paper. It doesn't really matter, there isn't ONE BEST marijuana strain.

3. I haven't actually grown yet, so I'm kinda talking out of my ass, but I want to help.
    You might want to read the grow guides and journals. Quality info there.
    Strain selection depends on your situation, I guess.
    From what I understand, you won't have to regulate light cycle at all with autos. 24 hours a day for a minimum of 60 days. You can skip vegging nutes, I've heard, as it goes straight to flower.
    As the other guy said, you might not want to do autos, unless you want to finish early with smaller yields. Keepin' it stealthy and all. :)
    There's lots of good strains. If you're not going auto, I've seen a lot of people recommend the classics.
    Peace.

4. Thanks guys. I guess I'll just go feminized regular ;)

5. I'm growing buddah syrup right now. of the five seeds one of the was successful at breaking out of the dirt. its about a foot high and has about 7 bud sights. it was a fun plant to start on. i learned a lot about growing. and what not to do. i have my plant growing in miracle grow plant mix in a pot that is far to small and the only light source is the light coming in my window aha. its not going to have an overly large yield but it will have some yield and it smells damn fine right now.

6. Wait, only 1 out of 5 seeds came out of the dirt? That's not good...Did you germinate them?

7. yep, they all popped but one popped epicly and thats the one that grew.