I want to change the world for all to see it isn't changing, merely rearranging

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Mnemonicsmoke, Mar 7, 2010.

1. it has a million different meanings to me
    but right now I guess i'm stoned

so hear me out, I see big pictures and I know that there is bigger

I was reading a book about the 2012 prophecies from the genuine maya perspective

Look, I understand the intelligence behind being skeptical of these things, I started it reading it with much doubt. But the text allowed for the possibility and the possibility seduced me.
    Here is what I mean
    the maya, to me are a paradox
    The human sacrifices, their worship of a sun, society would have us believe they were primitive in these regards...

on closer inspection I find, I can relate the awe I feel when I think of the power of the sun. Without it, our existence would not have come about, at least not come about in this particular way. The sun, its light our gateway into existence. There is nothing primitive about that.

Then you find out they were incredibly gifted mathematicians and astronomers. And you can probably dismiss that away, thinking it obvious people are capable of that intellectual potential.
    But then you find out about their culture, their high regards for numbers, for mathematics, you could say the derived the proof of his existence in the number 1. Though it may seem as if they were polytheistic, these gods were nothing more than tools in their myths to explain a reality so pitifully limited by words. But they understood the idea of one god, as the giver of measure and time.

If you understand this, it would seem inconceivable (unbelievable:smoking:) the when they made their calendars they simply chose the numbers out anything other than logic.
    ok
    hear me out
    the Mayan calendar is based on the magnetic cycles of the sun <Premise 1

There is no way the Mayan possessed the sort of technology we employ today to study the suns magnetic field <premise 2

Aliens physically traveling to earth is silly < premise 3

The maya must have had some sort of technology by which to study the sun's magenetic field <premise 4
    Ok if you can accept that we can proceed

I was and still am kinda stoned, and I was thinking
    you guys gotta give some credit for writing this much, I mean writing while stoned is no easy task
    anyways I was thinking
    about how some drugs they tweak certain aspects of reality, alters times, enhances or dulls senses but its basically the same reality in different stages of confusion

and there are drugs, like DMT
    and from what I hear, DMT is like dreaming, now that is fucking impressive. Most people, I think is safe to assume, don't often question the reality of the dream. When you're dreaming, the dream is so real, the emotion is so real, to your mind its really happening. Now if higher and higher of doses of DMT can allow you tap into completely seperate realities

DMT allows you to visit not altered but self sustainable realities, like our very own. <premise #5

If this is true, that people on DMT experience one world induced by the drug, and the persistent reality, would that not mean that the mind is at two places at once. If both realities are real and self sustaining, and we are gathering knowledge from it though vast distances in space

You can only describe that as experiencing superposition
    like electrons that are in two places at once, on a concious level

Now, what was that mayan technology that allowed them to understand the solar magnetic cycles?

The mayan were highly spiritual people, their whole culture was based on one view of it. Their priests consumed pyschoactive plants and fungi.
    i mean, the way I see it, they had a very rich history of psychonautics
    is that a word, sure

It stands to reason that over time they got better and better at it, and that their priests were able to enter states of mind through the aid of DMT

premise number 7 or six
    the earth has a magnetic resonance, a heart beat that affects our consciousness, the sun and likely all stars emit far more energetic pulses, consciousness of their own

premise 7 or 8
    DMT allows us to tap into these consciousness of the billions of stars, communication is without regard to time. it is instant

Premise number 9 or ten
    ok finally

the mayans understood this and were able to study the magnetic cycles of the sun and develop a calendar to base their life around. After all, the sun was their god, it is the giver of light and the giver of life, it is the one and only way of our present existence

OK.

godamn
    if you read this far
    y0u are a mother fucking champ

Well in any case it stands to reason that humans greatest potential is in accessing his own mind. Our reliance on technology is pitiful. If the mayans could tap into their own minds to discover the nature of things, what are we doing making machines that don't better our lives, just enslave us into consuming more

more of what?? just shit

I mean lets face it, the mind is the most advanced computer we have ever encountered, our technology by comparison seems like sticks and flint to the elegance of the human brain

Just my

1,366,040 cents

2. Unite with me and dissolve your fears. We are eternal in the truth.

3. I will take this road
    and notice that in my passing
    the ground is sitting still

whoa man i d k if i can handle Confucius talk for too long
    but i got a sense that it was a very good props

4. the earth has a magnetic resonance, a heart beat that affects our consciousness, the sun and likely all stars emit far more energetic pulses, consciousness of their own

As do our hearts

DMT allows us to tap into these consciousness of the billions of stars, communication is without regard to time. it is instant

We don't need DMT to tap into 'these' consciousness because we aleady are this consciousness.

5. That's what Buddhists think too- the mind is key

What you think, you become

Train and control your mind, a very valuable life lesson, easier said than done :p

6. Cool... only a stoner could have written it.

:D

7. LOL

and wow holy shit?
    that's how they made the calendar?
    it must have been aliens
    . wtf how else could they have.

hmm i believe in astral projection, telekinesis, telepathy, psi energy.
    but i'm skeptical in thinking they could create a calendar by connecting to the sun
    tell me.
    create a procedure in which you could connect to the sun, and then make a calendar from it.
    i'm confused in how you would gather information?
    how would they even know that's what it entailed? (meaning whatever information/feelings (the pulse of the sun..) you're saying they could "spiritually" tap into.. how did they know that it meant X or Y(in this case.. x or y ends up creating their calendar cuz they know what to do with it..?)
    like i'm confused?

haha

8. #8 Mnemonicsmoke, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2010
    Well you know, I'm never entirely convinced of anything I say...

but ill try to stick to it and reply

I"ve read accounts of studies on dmt and this one person talked about how they were so excited us humans finally got around to using this technology and usually on dmt all communication is telepathic

so i guess I just made the connection that if anyone could prolong the effects of dmt or use it reliably as a technology to visit the same worlds it would be the maya

So i suppose what i'm suggesting is that possibly they visited worlds where the beings were further ahead than we were, when they talked to the spirits and the gods
    and that this information was passed on...telepathically
    what I suggest is way beyond what I can prove

it was a hunch and it leaves a lot of room for doubt

It is quite possible that the mayans were able to discern solar magnetic cycles through meticulous observation and mathematics, but in that case you've got to wonder what makes a culture so obsessed with the heavens and numbers?

Now a spiritual experience...with say beings from another planet
    that would probably convince me to gather as much information about my own solar system as possible

and you gotta remember I'm not saying aliens ever physically came here, because the more you think about it the more impractical that is

edit: I'm like 73% sure you're mocking me but i'll reply just the same

/sigh

and second edit
    regarding this
    you don't wanna ask that

and you don't wanna ask that while on acid and smokin pot
    its gonna fuck with you
    you're going to run into systemerror/303/
    its the most fucked up loop of thought anyone can experience

see this thread

http://forum.grasscity.com/spirituality-philosophy/530995-shortcut-enlightenment-we-thought-we-were-going-die.html

I cannot explain something linguistically which by its very nature could not be expressed in words without modifying...which would defeat the purpose

its like the taoists say

"when you speak of the tao, you're not speaking of the tao"

9. LMAO dude naw i'm not mocking you i swear.
    you're a funny ass guy.
    your first post cracked me up.
    trust me i'm serious in my curiosity.
    i love thinking about DMT and all the possibilities in this world.
    so, interesting read :)
    eh i need to do a lot of DMT my self...
    i'm not sure if it could really help us with telepathy and such.
    i have a feeling it COULD.
    but i mean.. i think meditation would help more than anything.
    cuz if we were intended to have powers such as that, i would think the Sober mind would be the most efficient way.
    though it would also make just as much sense that using powerful drugs (drugs that are already found in our brain naturally, such as DMT) could pronounce powers like you speak of.

damn man im' about to go on a journey to find the big book of facts.

10. thread topic is like a good Ghandi quote

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

11. If you guys are interested in exploring some new ideas about the maya's I recommend watching
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RXxCvv9cbY]YouTube - Maurice Cotterell - Secrets of the Super Gods 1/19[/ame]

before someone starts telling me how my beliefs are wrong I just want to make it clear that I'm simply linking someone's ideas. If you have questions about the extent of which i question or approve of his ideas please ask me instead of assume.

I am of the thinking that only truly original ideas can quickly further our knowledge and this is a pretty interesting original idea
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    On a seperate note:
    if you are open minded (open minded does not mean convinced)
    to the idea of reincarnation and you subscribe to the hypothesis that jesus and the antichrist have been appearing on earth for thousands of years...
    in the forms of
    [​IMG]

I don't know how much you guys know about venus and how the planet is pretty much worshipped universally

but anyways I was reading this Nonfiction history book about the maya
    so I quote

"The earliset Maya Long Count inscription is from El Baul on the pacific coast in the souther Maya or Highland Maya region and dates to 37AD"
    So...
    I'm not sure about this, because my book doesn't mention it but the end of the long count is Dec 21 2012 from what I gather

Now I just remembered, Nero whose name in aramaic equates to 666 (Maurice Cotterell sugests 666 represent carbon, our physical bodies [six electrons, six neutrons, six protons]
    Anyways, Nero the six six six fellow, the antichrist

Guess when he was born? December 15 37 AD
    If you calculate his sun sign on the tzolkin calendar (mayan religious calendar, not the long count)
    You get
    [​IMG]
    Which you would think would be jesus

But remember Venus, remember the yin yang sign
    The concept of duality
    The earth body 666 and the light

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
    Revelations 22:16
    The bright and morning star is the same celestial body

Venus.

Is that spooky or what.
    Disclaimer:
    my only claim is that the coincidences are spooky, i'm not here to convert anyone, believe what you will

12. How are you going to change the world?

13. Well

If i succeed

there will be a shift from a linear time model to a cyclical time model
    and people might be more open to finding themselves
    and like
    love
    and be free

but I mean
    it was really just a title i came up with when I was stoned

14. Time is already cyclical, it never was nor ever will be linear. :)

15. Time is a fickle character

I see it like Yem, but perhaps a stretched 'now' that can appear like it has a linear path, but it doesnt...kind of like this, but instead of units of time denominations, its just 'now' hitting again, and again, and again. Perhaps I look at galaxy arm formations and the swirling too much, but its kind of how i see time. A swirl. Let us know what you end up with

http://chrissonksen.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/422520977_055eee8cf3.jpg?w=500&h=500

16. Time is like a swirl. You just put into words one of the many, many ideas that have crossed my mind since I awakened through the imbibing of an inordinate amount of exogenous cannabinoids. Nice to know others are thinking the same way. 1, 2, 3,.....ad infinitum, my friend. Keep thinking. Drive that inherent curiosity around, collecting knowledge. Peace.