I want to break up with my girlfriend.. I think?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by 19harley, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Sup, Blades. Long time lurker, first time poster. (Just turned 18 today :hello:).

My first day of grade 12 is tomorrow. (Started school a year late). I've been dating my current girlfriend for 2 and a half years now. We've pretty much been attached at the hip. Hanging together at lunch, after school, work, etc. (I do have other friends though..)

I'm sick of it. I'm not sure if I love her anymore. Lately I've just wanted to actually live my life like a teenager. Go to some parties (Which I do occasionally.. although it's always with her), have freedom, hookup with other chicks. What do you think?

Am I a dick for 'stringing her along' for this long?

2. Try going to parties with her. Why would you not be living like a teenager regardless of having a girlfriend? lol Just have sex with her at parties instead of other chicks. If you continue having fun, rather than stopping once you begin a relationship, your relationships will turn out to be more fulfilling.

3. if you truly feel that, do it. this girl could just be some girl u met laughed with a bit hooked up with and then u guys started dating. just some girl, and definitely not the right one, one you are bored with and are doubting your feelings about.

u can repeat that process with another girl though this year and maybe u will be bf/gf. then, u guys will spend together and have the thought damn i really like this girl...

life man ups and downs

4. if you're thinking about it then you should probably just do it. no reason to waste time on a girl you would probably break up with after high school if you don't think you love her anymore

5. Don't do that . You will regret . Cause you and she live together for a long time.

6. Do it. Don't lose your independence for a high school fling

7. I wouldn't exactly call two and a half years (Pretty much all of my time in high school so far) a "fling"

8. Two and a half years isn't really a fling, IMHO. That said, 2 and a half years are a bit much to just throw away. There was obviously something pretty strong there at one point.

9. i was with a girl for a little under 2 and a half years and we were like crazy in love but then we started fighting a shitload and at some point i couldn't really tell if i loved her or not anymore. i was still with her for another 4 months but the feelings got worse and i was just like fuck it

there were even times when i thought i was back in love with her again and i was stupid for ever thinking i could stop loving her haha but then it went back and so we just ended up breaking up and havent talked at all since

so from personal experience, if you're thinking it just do it

10. I'd think it out a lot more before "just doing it" after two and a half years. Its common to feel a bit stuck and to want other things, but you need to think harder about what this girl means to you. There's a good chance you'll break it off, have fun for a short amount of time, and then feel like you lost the closest person to you and be super lonely. Are you prepared to see her with other guys? If you break up with her because you want to party and hook up with other chicks she's gonna be devastated, and there's no going back on that most likely. If all you want is to party and have freedom, then tell her you want to live it up during your senior year and you want to spend more time with just your friends, but if you really really want to hook up with other chicks (which is fair, you're young) then do her a favor and kill it before you go sleeping around.

11. This chick will be devastated. Also, are you prepared to see her in the arms of another man? Think this over, long and hard.

12. chances are you're going to break up when college comes around anyway, so just do what you feel is right for the time being. doubtful your high school gf is "the one" and if she is, you'll realize it

13. When she finally moves on and starts dating other guys you are going to have to go through that. If you love her, you could most likely have some strange feelings even if you think you have already moved on. Believe me, I'm 22 and I've had girls that I've loved, and it's so hard to see them with other guys.

Also, if you break up with her, you're going to fall into this lifestyle that you won't be able to escape. I can't explain it fully in detail, but I assure you, one day you will look back and wonder what was going through your head. I know I do everyday.