I want the real answer

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Blem, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Ok blades so i was me and my buddies were having a sesh yesterday and i packed a fattt bowl ripped it normal as always and shit. when i blow the smoke out my buddies are like ewwwww bro you have res lips! so i immediately get a napkin and wipe my teeth and lips off. its fucking gross and it hardly happens only when i take big tokes out of bubblers usually but it happened on my big bong :S (video below of said bong) the video below is not the exact hit but its the exact same bong and shit. So im wondering why does this happen and how can i stop it or help prevent it?

https://vimeo.com/53675127

2. getting a video of it happening would be helpful. But just keep your water and piece clean and that should help... only thing i can think of is your making out with the mouthpeice of the bong, and the smoke is leaving res behind on your lips?

3. The reason you are getting "res lips" is because the residue coats the entire inside of your device. If you have a larger mouthpiece (one that you can't wrap your mouth around, or you have to make a seal with your face vs just your mouth.) the easiest way to prevent this is to buy a bong with a small mouthpiece, but since we don't always have that option, try wiping the inside of your mouthpiece specifically with rubbing alcohol (and salt if you've got some really stuck stuff)Hope this helps :)

4. Just keep your bong clean and that wont happen.

Ive only had res lips from smoking from pipes that were ridiculously dirty and now when i sweet a grossly dirty pipe ill put a piece of paper towel or something between my lips and the pipe. FUckin gross.

5. my bongs pretty clean as seen in the video though its not even dirty, and it happened to me on my first toke out of my brand new bubbler.

6. If you're talking about getting resin lip/mouth after a hit I think this is a function of the mouthpiece size. My Mobius Stereo Matrix, SG Mini-King & Dew Minitube all give me fatty resin face and they all have extremely narrow mouthpieces.

7. My v6 sg has a tiny mouthpiece and I've never had res lips. Maybe try not to take "fat rips" as it overheats the bud and burns more of the good shit out and creates more bad shit

8. ^ Where the hell did you hear that?

9. Yeah umm cannot really control the heat of the bud once it is lit. The harder you inhale, the faster it will move through the bud. Not necessarily heat it up more.

10. Even if it did it wouldn't ruin the bud that's why vapes work on different heat settings. The level of heat just dictates which cannabinoids will be most active.

11. The harder you're ripping the brighter the cherry gets and the smoke turns yellow. Yellow is bad. It means you're burning too hot and releasing carcinogens

12. Yellow is from more dense smoke not from the temperature.

13. Um no. Its burning you're nug too hot. You can rip a bong all day with a carbon filter it'll never yellow.

14. That's because carbon absorbs EVERYTHING. I really can't see a bud cherrying hot enough to destroy the good stuff. No matter how you light the bud it is going to cherry so there's no way to stop it.

15. You're both right.
    the harder you hit it the more oxygen is exposed to the ember at one time thus releasing smoke at a faster rate. super dense smoke can be yellow because there isn't as much air mixed in, so you're seeing mostly tar *BUT* there is also a higher concentration of cannabinoids as well.

now as for carbon filters, they allow tars, and other particulate matter (including small amounts of cannabinoids) that turn your smoke yellowish, to stick to them, giving you a smaller smoke to air ratio, and make your smoke "cleaner"

hope that helps.

16. It's because you packed your bowl full and restricted airflow. The more airflow the less yellow the smoke, the less res face.

17. I don't even know what the fuck this res face shit is.

I've had bongs I didn't clean for a month, ripped bowl after bowl day after day and I never had shit all over my lips. :confused:

18. What this guy said. Bong, bubbler, oil rig, everything.

ps hi you guys

19. lol its not on my face, its on the inside of my lips, not alot a tiny bit