I wanna grow - some questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by joshuaa, Nov 22, 2010.

1. #1 joshuaa, Nov 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
    Hi guys. I'd decided to grow some indoor cannabis starting this January and I am very, very excited! I did some research recently on it, and I think I've decided to use an all-in-one cabinet. For about $800. I'd link it but I don't think that's allowed.

So, from what I can tell, it's a hydroponic box that also lights and ventilates. Is something like this good for a first time grower? It says it improves time of growth as well. I guess I'm worried about the height of my plants but maybe I don't fully understand how it works. The seeds I'm looking at say the plant grows up to eight feet, and I know the cabinet isn't that big...Does it only grow to the size of it's containment?

I don't want to mess with soil and stuff. I'd be happy to do it, but it's not practical for where I'll be living. The cabinets seem stealthy, and the one I'm getting filters the smell which is very important to me. What else do I need to know?

I don't want to grow too much. One or two Sativa's and one or two Indica's. (for the different highs hehe.) I've only been smoking regularly for about 3 or 4 months now. I've already decided I hate buying crap schwag and expensive chronic from my local dealers, but I love having it. So then I decided, I'd grow. I think I can give my plants a good amount of attention. I've also decided to get a vaporizer so if anyone has some suggestions on an inexpensive one, fill me in.

Thanks for all your help and advice!

quick addition: I'd also really like to grow my plants as organically and natural as possible. Not a fan of chemicals and pesticides.

2. $3000 Versions of those cabinets are shit, i have read many many reviews on all different types of them and from what i have seen, they will sell you $300-400 worth of junk for 3k so i can only imagine what you would get for $800. Dont be fooled by their bull shit claims, gimmicks, and shitty equipment, $800 would be enough to get you a nice set up that will do what you need it to and pay for its self very quickly.

If you want some info on setting up a real grow room all you need is a closet and that $800 check out this thread. http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute...-list-beginners-other-useful-information.html

Here is some info on some cool DIY vaporizers that you can use in public http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/702027-e-cigarettes-how-canna.html#post8833002

As far as getting an opinion of those cabinets we would need a link but im sure that the mark is at minimum 500%, and most cant even contain the smell or light.

3. Thanks for the response! So if these are waste of money, what's an easy, quick, and odorless (as possible) way to grow these plants organically. Many cabinets I find claim to speed up the growing time by a lot! I wanna do this, and grow high quality, organic pot as fast and efficiently as I can. I don't think I'm handy enough to build a grow box. Don't have tools or anything...

4. There is no real quick fix to getting growing man it will will require at minimum months worth of reading and research on your part to be successful, if you want to learn though the thread i linked you in my first post is a good start. It provides a shopping list of most of the equipment you will need to purchase to grow as well as a wealth of other knowledge on the subject.

"Many cabinets I find claim to speed up the growing time by a lot!"\
    They are lying you cant speed up the growing time you can increase the yield though, the growing time is 2 months excluding veg time. As far as growing organically the organic section of this forum would be a great place to start learning about it, in the thread i linked you there are links to how to grow organically and a recipie for a great organic soil i am using.

As far building goes as i stated in my first post you dont really need to build all you need is a closet that you can cut a hole in for ventilation and the equipment or a spare bedroom. Pretty much all of your questions will be answered in the thread i linked in my first post, if you have any specific questions after reading it feel free to ask me or the forum. Youtube is also an awesome site for learning about growing on video.