I walk my dog without a leash

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Deleted member 967279, Sep 8, 2016.

1. I always walk my dog without a leash. I bring it with me most times just in case he starts acting ridiculous, but I've never had to put it on him.

I trained him over the course of a few months to walk without it, because when I go on runs or bike rides its ridiculous to have to hold it.

I live in a suburb, and there is one middle aged man(50s) who yellsat me every time he sees me.

He walks his dogs with leashes, and at first my dog went up to sniff and say hello, but the guy got angry, which in turn caused his dogs to bark at mine. My dog barked back, but backed off and ran back to me. He said my dog was being aggressive(smh).

Now whenever we come across him even though my dog backs off and stays away the guy still says I'm gonna kill somebody and I need to have my dog on a leash. His dogs are the ones barking their heads off and growling at my dog!

I'm worried he will call the cops on me or something. Like its not normal rage, he yells sexist insults at me, calls me a whore and said he hopes I get raped running multiple times. That's not fucking normal

I think he's just an angry old man who hates it that I enjoy walking my dog, and he doesn't enjoy walking his

Anyway just wanted to share

• Like Like x 2
  2. They have lease laws for a reason
    i have seen many dogs who were attack because another dog was off the lead
    i walk my dog every day on a 50 ft training lead, if i see anyone with another dog I reel him in like a shark to about 4 ft lead and walk past or like the dogs say hello but I am always prepared for a dog attack
    i carry red pepper spray that i will not hesitate to use on both dogs if I have to to stop any fighting
    dogs can tear each other up in matter of seconds
    Be a responsible dog owner and use a leash or be prepare to pay the consequences when they occur.

• Like Like x 5
  3. As a dog owner myself I can only say you're better off with a leash. No matter how well trained your dog is he is still a dog and dogs do irrational things at times. (like biting my work boots when I'm carrying something so I don't see my feet and they are hit by the latter) Anyways if you're dog does some funny shit and wasn't on a leash you're fucked.( I hate it when dogs run after me when I'm on the bike and shout at dog owners when their dogs do that)

• Like Like x 4
  4. People are assholes. I'd just try avoiding him and walking someplace where you're less likely to encounter him. The way you describe it the guy is not mentally stable so as much of a dick as he may be, try to understand he might not be able to control it very well. If you do have to walk by him, record the whole thing (maybe have the camera hidden). And yeah besides that just be careful idk.

Nobody should get mad about what you're doing if your dog is well trained and you're responsible. The guy probably like I said has a mental problem and could've had a bad encounter with a dog when he was younger. It happens to some people unfortunately and makes them ignorant of the animal in general.

With that said I would recommend using a leash still

• Like Like x 1
  5. Easier said than done
    Have you ever tried to stop two dogs once they get into it
    well I have , and it was to protect the other guys dog
    His dog off the leash came right up and attacked my dog and I had to step in because My dog (breed type) was going to kill his.
    Fuckin people
    I took a shot to the arm 45 stitches later
    So yes use a fucking leash....................
    Some people just dont get it do they

• Like Like x 5
  6. The guy sounds loony.
    But you need to leash your dog. I don't care how well trained you think he is.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Ron dont be messing with a Dog person LOL

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  8. You're endangering your dog in numerous ways. Put a leash on him.

I don't care how well trained your dog is. Other dogs may not be. Your dog wanders up to one and gets bit, that's on you. If you care about your dog's well being use a leash.

If you want to have unleashed fun, do it in a fenced backyard or a dog park.

• Like Like x 3
  9. OP sounds like the same person that says I don't need to pick my dogs shit up its so small. Smh

• Like Like x 4
  10. You're best off walking in a different direction or switch up the times. People are always gonna give you shit about walking dog off leash, see above ^^

Personally, I say fuck em. My dog is off leash constantly, but you have to be smart about it..bunch of rats out there.

The way I see most people act, they're the ones who should be leashed.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Irresponsible dog owners SMH.
    Most people around here are idiots and get pit bulls because it's trendy when they have no clue how to properly take care of them....or the people who get those tiny yapper dogs that bite anyone but the owner.
    I used to like dogs but seeing all the idiot owners around here has made my weary.

Leash your dog.

• Like Like x 2
  12. There is no safe way to walk a dog off leash.

• Like Like x 2
  13. People give you shit because an unleashed dog opens the door for bad situations that can very easily be avoided. Spin it anyway you want, but at the end of the day there is no denying this. There are too many variables that you can not control when you are out in public. Best have your dog secured and avoid them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I say use the leash but the moment another dog run up being aggressive that probable cause to unleash the beast

15. Remember
    There are no Bad Dogs
    Only Bad Dog Owners...

• Like Like x 2
  16. Well it depends a lot on the situation. You don't need a leash to control a properly trained dog in most situations, but in heavily populated urban areas with cars, other dogs, kids, etc. sometimes even the best trained dogs won't immediately obey commands.

And since most people who own dogs don't train them properly, leash laws are a no-brainer in urban areas. But most of the properly trained dogs I've been around, I've never seen wearing a leash where it wasn't the law.

So tldr: you shouldn't need a leash to control a dog in most cases, but I understand why people use them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP is never coming back to this thread.

• Like Like x 2
  18. This thread didn't go ops way. You win some you lose some.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lol I should have come back sooner, what a heated topic this is

Great reading everyone's opinions

20. Not to mention if your unleashed dog bites some kid in the face...see you in court...$$$$$$

• Like Like x 1