Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I thought I'd ask you seasoned smokers a question...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Redlandsman87, Nov 9, 2008.

1. #1 Redlandsman87, Nov 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
    Not sure if this is the correct forum, but since this is the place I might get the best advice or answers, I decided I'll post here.

I've recently started smoking again with an old friend of mine, and because of him I've decided to obtain a license since he reintroduced me to marijuana after so many years.

He is a small time dealer, and older man who was around during the 60s and 70s and actively participated in cannabis culture for years. Though he has slowed down, he still grows his own marijuana and sells it. I recently went over to his place to obtain some marijuana. And like all dealers, he wanted to smoke and hang out and the like. We ended up in his house and started talking, and after awhile he all of a sudden said "Want to see something cool?" I agreed, and he left the room for a moment and was shuffling the back room.

He came out with a tin can, about the size of your average coffee can. Hell, it probably was a coffee can.

Anyway, it was about half full of pot seeds. The old guy claimed they were Acapulco Gold seeds, which is pretty much THE legendary weed.

He claimed they were authentic 70s seeds, none of that new genetically altered or inbred AG that is available today. He offered to sell me some, roughly two dollars a seed.

Though he is a very old and trusted friend, I'm calling shenanigans on the guy, as I think he's a bit crazy. But should I buy some, for the hell of it? I mean, it's not exactly expensive, per se, but two dollars a seed is a bit more than I would be willing to pay.

I doubt they'd even grow after nearly forty years. I'd have to test them first of course, to see if they'd even germinate...

If I do buy them, I'm going to perform two tests, which I've heard work well to test seeds. (Can anyone confirm, though)

1.) Take a sample of seeds (from different parts of his tin, maybe 10 seeds) and fold them in a wet paper towel. Then, put the paper towel with the seeds in it in a plastic bag, and put them in a room-temperature place, avoiding direct sunlight. Check them after a couple days. Most seeds usually germinate in around 4 days

2.) I have also heard that if you drop a seed in a glass of water and it releases air bubbles, then it's still good.

If I buy a few, are there any other tests I should see if they are still alive and worth buying?

2. if you get some PM me and send me one. ill give you 3/4 of the harvest, i just want to be graced

3. Shit buy like 4 $8 aint shit right?

4. Buy that shit up! Seeds will have a harder time germinating, but some of them still will!

5. Heh, well I'll have to see if they are even worth buying first. But if my tests are successful, I'll see what I can do...

6. mail me some? lol
    seriously though...
    :smoking:

7. damn I want some so bad but paper trails aint good:(

8. another test you can do is determine if they are female.

put them in a glass of water, and those that sink are female and those that float are male and wont be worth growing (if im wrong someone correct me please)

9. The ones that float are "dead" the ones that sink could be either male or female. AFAIK..

10. Not true at all. if it sinks they are viable.
    Cant tell a female until if shows preflowers or it's true sex.

11. Just because he's old doesn't mean he's honest.

12. of course it does