I think she's ready (checked trichomes)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Gimme Wafflez, Dec 29, 2009.

1. so I picked up a microscope and looked at my girls trichomes and they look mostly cloudly, but there are alot of white hairs, does this matter? i didnt think it did, since trichomes are the way to tell.

tomorrow will be 2 months of flowering, and im not too sure on strain.

should i go ahead and start harvesting?

2. Im no expert but i'd wait till i get a FEW amber trichs, and see if the hairs change up. Check all the buds just in case a few are more mature, maybe you could possibly harvest in sections......... congrats on the grow!

3. definetly, i think i will give it a little. i did see some amber colored trichs as well.

now, if i want to go ahead and cut some of the buds that look done, like the top main bud, do i just cut it at the main stem and the plant will be fine right?

4. Im pretty sure everything should be fine, just pm one of the pros for 2nd opinion. Im just a noob :D. GL man.

5. Wait man. You will be cheating yourself if you harvest now. Wait until you have atleast 20% amber. Hell I would wait for closer to 50% amber, but depends on the quality of bud you want and the type of high you are after.

6. word. i checked the plant a little closer and im going to wait it out

thanks everyone :hello: