I think pot has killed my personality..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by GanjaGuru69, May 14, 2010.

1. No offense to pot. But it has I think.. I cant really talk to anyone anymore really, unless I know them really well, I just feel like I dont belong or I dont fit in there and its really awkward, especially if I don't know the person at all. When I'm not high I feel like I'm disconnected from the world kind of, and my thoughts are slowed down a lot lately.

Maybe it hasn't and I'm just thinking it has, but I can't stay focused on any one thing - my mind races from one topic to another during a conversation and suddenly I couldn't care less about what everyone is still discussing - because I have already moved on to thinking about something vaguely related in my head.

The thing is, I'm really fucking smart, and I know I am, everybody has told me that for years, and I feel like it's slowly going away, or maybe I just feel like it is.

Everything is so fucking awkward when I talk to people I don't know, my teachers besides one of them, and other people who talk to me who I don't know and shit like that, it is so awkward I use every opening I see to escape asap.

I don't give a fuck what people think about me, but at the same time I do, I just don't want to look stupid or something either.. Maybe it's all in my mind and I should stop worrying.

What do you guys think ? Also have been smoking every day for over two months lol. And it's because I'm always fucking bored around here, and if I'm holding it's impossible to not smoke, I'm good for a few hours but it happens, even with the power of Christ on my side.

2. That's a bummer man... that's a bummer...

3. welp, i say dont smoke at all of smoke a shit load more haha. see if doing either helps

4. I'm the exact same way, except pot is not to blame for me (it actually helps). I have very similar social issues as those you are describing. All that helps me is to remember to talk at any chance i have (i tend to stand off to the side lost in my own thoughts) and pay attention to what people are saying :eek:

5. Exactly the same, but when I have a nice buzz from the weed, I'm the complete opposite pretty much. But that is only buzzed when I do not feel awkward and shit.

6. Ya man I know what your talking about. I feel the exact same way. I'm slowly improve by just telling myself to become more social and not to give a fuck what people think.

7. Its the opposite for me. Since I started smoking, I can see through people's bullshit and it just changed how I view alot of things. Ive always had social problems, If anything the weed helped them subside. I can express myself in a way that I couldnt before

Try to stop smoking so much. Maybe just before you have to do something long/boring. or after a long day

8. me and my sister are exactly in the situation you are in. except we were recovering meth addicts and so we've been clean for a year and 3 months, but we haven't skipped smoking for even 3 days within the last year and a half. i dunno, but recently things just feel different. just remember to live everyday like your last as long as your content and you are at peace in your mind you'll be alll good.

9. I used to go out, be more social and stuff, then started smoking daily and bam, stopped going out. I just chilled at home with my room mates and friends or chilled at other peoples places. I'd still go to parties and do stuff, but just not as much as I had used to. I pretty much started revolving more around smoking than anything else. I wouldn't say it made me less social though, it's just that I enjoy smoking and chilling more than I enjoy going out and getting hammered at a bar. Turning into a stoner definitely changed me, but I am still who I am, and I find nothing wrong with that. I definitely don't regret it, but man, there are some things I wish I would have changed as well. No changing the past though. If you don't like where you are, or where you are going, make some changes. Start being more social, cut back on smoking, push yourself to meet new people, do whatever it takes to make a change if you feel you need to. In the end, it's all about doing what you want to do, and being who you want to be.

10. This ^^^ TO A 'T'!

I think your case has a fucklot more to do with the meth.

11. Maybe youre just shy

12. #12 Orgazmatron, May 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2010
    Then just start talking about what your feeling. You dont always have to be the listener or passive person in a convo. If you are bored with the topic then switch it up. The person your talking to isnt going to be offended because most likely they have done it millions of times anyway (unless they are really passionate about the subject).

If what your thinking is actually really intersting then share it! No one knows what going on in your head but you.

13. it's created mine, and released my artistic abilities. and made a lot of people love me! :smoking:

14. That's natural. Everyone thinks that even though they deny it. It does effect the individual in some sort of way.

You are correct. Marijuana does kill your motivation and does do things to you that does make you change in a way. Depends on the person.

I've recently slowed down on smoking and I'm noticing a huge difference in certain areas. I'm 2x as productive as I was before and I find myself doing things that I wouldn't normally do if I was high.

Marijuana is not for everyone. If you do chose to smoke marijuana you need to do it in moderation where it doesn't affect your daily life.

15. wow, I feel that exact same way,

thank you..

16. I think this whole thread is funny cause your username is GanjaGuru69.

17. Your avatar made my day kind sir :smoking:

18. Well you gotta decide whether this change is good or bad.

I had a similar personality change, due to a lot of reasons. I basically felt disconnected and like I forgot how to relate to people I didn't know very well. Weed, as well as other drugs and events in your life, can make you view the world differently and I don't think it's abnormal to not be able to 'go back to the way you were', and that includes relating to the people you could once relate with. I can't do small talk anymore, I used to be able to, but now it seems so shallow and pointless.

There's a difference between talking and actually saying something, and I think I realised that.

Unlike you though, I see the change as positive. I don't want to go through the rest of my life chatting about the weather, and now I don't have much tolerance for chit-chat. As a result, the people that I do get to know are some of the most awesome people I've met.

Maybe you should try looking at it from another angle, and maybe you'll see that the change isn't actually that bad. Would you rather go back to how you were? How many of those people really matter?

19. Derealization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^ You have derealization. It is more common from dissociatives such as Ketamine, DXM, Salvia, or PCP, however it can also be caused by weed. It happened to me too. It fades after a while though man, even when you keep smoking, so don't worry about it and don't let it get to you.

You'll feel perfectly normal again soon. :)

Peace. Oh and if you want to know more, drop me a PM/visitor message.

20. I agree with him somewhat.. I don't think you're actually heading in the "wrong" direction... It def may seem that way... I was jus in the same situation as you just a couple months ago.... I phased in and out of smoking thinking it would ease the stress.... I actually think you're close to getting to the chill level of smoking... I know you've been smoking for a couple years but it just might take that long to get to the level... I'm not sure what exactly clicked for me, but I know it took some heavy thinking (not all good things) and somehow, life made sense even with the bullshit you're going through... Once things made more sense.. I was able to be at more ease when I was blazed... Its about respecting the bud... Once you truely understand its effects on your mind, you'll be able to be able see how it supplements your life... But like I said before, its not easy for some... You gottta put urself into social situations, and when you realize that you come out of them without any hurt, you'll start to truly enjoy the smoke... Respect the bud!