I think my roommate stole from me.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dynamics, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Hey GC, 

This is a bit of a read but I'd love to get some insight from you guys and get some new perspective. Appreciate it. 

I transferred schools and am now going to a university 4 hours away from home. I moved in 2 weeks ago with 3 roommates I don't know. All 3 of em seem like decent guys, one of them smokes and we toke together sometimes. I moved down here knowing nobody and was dry as fuck and wanting to smoke, classes hadn't started yet and I didn't know how to find a dealer overnight not knowing anyone. I asked my roommate if he had a connect and he said yeah. The night before we actually smoked a G of some really dank shit that he had gotten so I assumed it'd be the same stuff/from the same guy. 

I asked him if he could hook me up and he said he'd call his guy and ask, I was wanting a quarter. He said all is good and that it'd be $100 (fuck Texas). My roommate left for work and we planned on him picking it up when he got off, but I got a text a few hours later with an address and a message that said "go to this apartment, bring money he has your weed, go now he leaves in 20". Now this was a problem because I was at a friends house 30 minutes from the address and really drunk. I ignored the message thinking that he would have no problem picking it up later, i was in no rush. After all it was me buying the weed.

My roommate comes home later that night all mad and shit asking what happened. I told him to chill out and he starts flipping shit saying that the guy wants to kick our ass for not showing. I was like wtf man, I didn't show up to a random address with no info, who cares. I'm the one buying, he should chill out. My roomies goes off about how the guy is mad as fuck and says he has to go buy it now. He asks for the cash

I gave him the cash and he left to pick it up, I didn't go because he said he would kill me lol. I had no idea what he could be mad about, I was still buying. I felt nervous at this point because i barely know my new roommate and just gave him $100 to pickup weed for me. Like 45 minutes later he comes home with some fat dude younger than me wearing DC everything. He gives me a bag of weed talking about how much I owe them. Apparently this fat guy was my roommates friend who set him up with a new dealer, and this fat kid set everything up. I look at the bag and am mad as hell. Just by eyeing it out it was no more than 4 G's, and I swear I have never ever seen worse quality weed.

I scaled it out and it was 3.6. I was pissed. I confronted the two who were smoking and they said "that sucks bro". They both swear that the guy said it was a quarter and shit and that they didn't steal shit. 

Now I'm in a weird position. I got terrible weed that I would never pay over $20 for this 3.6 G's, and I'm out $100 (which I have trouble spending). It's not my fault, but I can't believe these guys paid $100 for that shitty "quarter". My roommate is just kinda like "that sucks man". If I was there I woulda walked the fuck out after seeing the weed. But because my roommate was doing it for me I got boned, and I'm still not 100% sure they didn't steal from me by setting something up.

What would you do in my situation? The fat kid is a lowlife scumbag who I can't stand, I've talked to him twice. I see him around campus and he comes over to our apartment sometimes too. My roommate hates that this happened but I don't know if I trust him. My roommate is also broke without much money. What should I do? Keep in mind I have to live with this guy for a year and don't want problems in the house. I would love to say "Hey man you fucked up. This is maybe $15 worth of dirt weed and you paid for it with my money, so give me back $85". I ended up not smoking it and making a batch of brownies which were mediocre at best.

Thank you GC

2. Wait you would pay over $20 for 3.6 but you would pay $100 for 7? That didn't make sense dude.

My advice would be to leave it with your room mates if you are going to be living with them it's best to be sound to them, try to find a new hook up from class mates when your school starts.

3. You get +1 just for reading that novel.

4. #4 LQ142, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    Sometimes the middleman gets boned too. Although it's pretty hard to get boned with weed....You can usually tell the quality just by looking at it and smelling it. Other drugs are different.

Your roommate ripped you off man. Blatantly! It's easy to blame the dealer when you're the middle man...you know what I mean?

Confront him again

5. Let it go and don't trust him again...an expensive lesson, but it could have been worse...

6. I guess, at least he got you weed? Could have jipped you for all your cash. 
    Did you tell them you only wanted some high grade product? Or did you just say get me some weed?
    But that really does suck. Don't let other people pickup for you if possible. Try to do it yourself to avoid shitty situations like this.

7. your besr bet is to go to the guy who sold it to you.

8. I'm sober at work... This is my excuse haha

9. Prices are shit in Texas. $20/G of dank is pretty standard at least for the north Texas/DFW area. I was expecting the same stuff I had with him before, which was really good bud, I would pay 100 for a Q any day of the week for that. What I got was the Mexican dirt weed that comes across the border. It was brown, flaky, horrible trim, and seeds and stems galore.

My roommate said he basically has been a pothead for years and weed is barely a drug to him anymore, which lead me to believe he knew good weed from bad weed. Two nights ago he saw my bong in my room and was like "whoa, is that one of those glass pipes with water? wait....you can put ice in it?!!?"

That let me know he probably is just a novice

10. either be real and tell them you want your damn money back, at least 80$ of it, or either don't say nothing and just consider it a lesson learned. never give someone you're money to get something. especially someone you barely know and that much money. probably to late now to confront tho. ask around for more connects on campus

11. forgive me if i missed something, but isn't it kind of your fault for not going to pick up the weed in the first place? like maybe they decided to fuck you over since you didn't go, idk really just some input.

12. Not much to do imo, it's really not worth the hassle/drama/etc.  Live and learn, sucks you live with scumbags.

13. Find new hook up without getting dumb and dumber involved. Or go to the address now and explain the situation.

14. I'd try to keep the peace with everyone 1st of all.  Do not let this turn into fights, arguments, accusations, etc. 

What I DO suggest:  You should peacefully talk to everyone involved.  Apparently there were 2 people involved in your purchase, the housemate and the fat ass.  It sounds like u see these guys around a lot, so u should just ask them questions about what happened, and why u paid so much for such a small amount of bad herb.  Make sure they know that YOU KNOW u got ripped off, but do it without accusing them and starting fights.  

Just ask a bunch of questions like this:  "Does it normally cost $100 for such a small amount of shit weed?  Was that a normal purchase?"  "Do u guys think I got ripped off?  Doesn't it seem that way?"  Ask them if THEY would be happy if they had made the same purchase lol.  Stuff like that.

So avoid fighting and try to figure out who exactly ripped u off.  It could be the fat ass, OR the housemate, or BOTH.  Find out and good luck.  :cool:   

15. Thats why I never fork over money like that. Take it as a lesson learned and move on. Money comes and goes and is something to play with. Dont emotionally attach yourself to it.

16. Sucks your roomate is lame as shit. If someone gets all up in your face over weed liek that tell them to bwck the fuck off anr you don't wanna ever hear their shit again

17. Also I'd tell them all that I'd NEVER buy from them again bc the sale was such a rip off and such lame weed lol.  AND BC OF THEIR DRAMA.  Tell them that ur normal buys are peaceful & u can't believe they made it so dramatic and so u would never trust them again.  :cool:  Just call them out on everything & let it go.  U can't rlly demand $$ back bc they would probably just argue & fight I imagine...

OP note that this is your fault and you should never front money to anyone not even your roomate. THATS LAW to stoners.

You have 2 options to play it loud and stupid or play it smart... loud and stupid by starting a physical conflict aka beating there ass... option B you wait a few weeks.... Play it off like everything is cool....  find a new connect someone that sells some really GOOD SHIT...Let your roomate smoke with you.... Let him see how good the quality is... he might apologize about what happened at this point....FUCK IT... continue with the plan... Say you'll pick him up some if he wants... and by this time he has your trust already... so he'll probably front you the money if he asks to come say this guy is low key and doesn't let many people know... Convince him to buy a large majority... than take some out of it once you buy it the same way he probably did you...

19. Word, do this.  

Sell them $100 worth and then make it the same tiny amount that u ended up with lol.

If it's actually good weed then they might even think  u hooked them up good lol. 

20. This is exactly what I was thinking. There's no way for you to know for sure because you're not buying directly from the dealer. The situation you're in fucking sucks because you have to live with him. To me, the way he was acting before and after picking up leads me to believe he ripped you off. He was pissed off about you not going to buy the weed and then when he gets back and gives you the shitty weed he's all like whatever shit happens. Like wtf?