I think my mom is on to me.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by wiltank, Oct 6, 2012.

1. She came home 2 hours early yesterday and I was high as a kite. I smoke in my attic that's connected to my room and is open to the outdoors. She came home about 20 minutes after I had smoked, and she called my name and walked upstairs. I was scared shitless and told her I was sleeping bc I knew it would smell even worse in my room. She was like "it smells funny... have you been smoking anything?" I denied, and she goes well did anyone come over? I said "yeah, Evan did for a minute to get a CD. Mom, I'm nauseated and trying to sleep. I'll talk to you later." then I fell asleep and woke up later still high. I talked to her a little but she didnt' say anything til this morning. She just randomly said "yeah.. I'm not saying your room smelled EXACTLY like pot... but still. Evan just smokes cigarettes right? Not funny cigarettes?" and I said not as far as I know, and that I wasn't sure what the smell was. She was like "I think you have an idea" and proceeded to tell me it's addictive and then told me some story about a guy in town who smoked a laced blunt and had permanent brain damage. I just took it all, and was like mhmm, yeah, I know, etc. and let it go from there.

Should I lay low for a while?

2. Every time I see a thread where it's somebody living with their parents for whatever reason asking whether or not they should smoke/lay low/convince them, I say the same thing. It is their house, their rules, and you should respect them.

Sure you try to keep it out of their notice by smoking in a part of the house that isn't used much, but still it would be better for you and your mom if you went down the local park, a friends or even in your own car to smoke. Best of luck man, and please just respect your parent's rules.

3. 'Funny cigarettes' lmao. If you get so high that you cant be around other people then why risk it? Wait until you know you can be at peace without getting caught.

4. [quote name='"stupidstoner"']Every time I see a thread where it's somebody living with their parents for whatever reason asking whether or not they should smoke/lay low/convince them, I say the same thing. It is their house, their rules, and you should respect them.

Sure you try to keep it out of their notice by smoking in a part of the house that isn't used much, but still it would be better for you and your mom if you went down the local park, a friends or even in your own car to smoke. Best of luck man, and please just respect your parent's rules.[/quote]

Very well said. Or if you have a big back yard, do it there. I never understood why you'd smoke in your parents house unless they are okay with it or if they smoke cigarettes inside I guess.

If you think she's on to you and don't want her to find out, I'd hide your weed and paraphernalia at someone else's house in case she searches your room. I hope everything works out.

5. Haha you *think* she's on to you? She definitely is. But atleast she's treating you like an adult, not accusing or yelling at you.

Try to keep a low profile. I understand that your mom came home early, but it probably would've been a better choice to smoke outside.

6. Permanent brain damage from a blunt?
    Nah, he just kept smoking.

7. At least make it seem like your friend doesn't smoke weed either. In my opinion it's worse to have your parents think you're some goody goody two shoes while your best friend smokes more than Cheech and Chong.

8. That was so hard to read, but I managed it. She knooows man!

9. Ahahaha. She's totally totally onto you. And I agree with a couple of responses in this thread.

This

This

Annnndd this

10. u fucked up when u said u cudnt talk to her. if u get so paranoid dat u cant talk to ur mum when ur high then u shudnt smoke at home

11. lol, "on to you"

she knows you smoked pot in your room

it doesn't seem like she knew you were high (though she probably does now, smells like pot in your room and you're acting like a dumbass. Hmmm, wonder what you were doing in there?). I'd just go smoke somewhere else or smoke in your backyard or something

I don't know your mom well (we boned once but that was it) but would she even care?

12. Yeah my mom doesn't me want me smoking because of people who got fucked up from laced weed also but yeah she's on to you

13. She already pretty much knows you smoke, she's just waiting for the proof.

Tell her now when she's in a good mood and she'll be a lot less pissed than if she catches you smoking in the shower...which is what happened to me.

Stay calm, do NOT (this is so important) get angry or start shouting back at her, even if she's shouting at you. Every time she says something ignorant like it kills brain cells, calmly explain why that's not true and why you don't think that should affect her opinion.

Just my 0.02. You may think it's crazy to tell her but she will find out.

14. Low Profile. Talk to her about it eventually though. Better sooner than later.
    Have an adult convo with her about weed and how she feels about you smoking.
    IF she says she's not comfortable with it or just bottom line doesn't want you smoking in the house, then respect her and smoke elsewhere. BE responsible and don't overstep your mothers wishes, it's still illegal.

15. She has absolutely no idea bro. Scouts honor.

16. #16 Sween, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2012
    I swear to god I'll kill my kid if he is ever as stupid as the OP.

Don't smoke inside!

Disrespect is not allowed here. - KSR

17. Hm, an insult as your first post.
    Interesting approach.

18. Half was advice.

19. just smoke outside mayne, no point in stopping as I see it. Just make sure you get straight weed w/ no laced type shit. No offense but it seems like y0 mamma has some type of bias against marijuana.

If you smoke outside there is no way you can get caught and you'll still achieve the same high, it's a win win situation. She won't know you smoke and you'' still be high haha.

20. Don't smoke in your house anymore. Problem solved.