I think my kitten passed away due to covid

Discussion in 'Pets' started by GasGoon305, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Little guy wasnt acting like himself like 12 hours after my grandma came to visit, he likely contracted it from her, even though shes vaccinated she had flu like symptoms (hasnt got tested yet but im almost 100% sure she has the new one, unfortunately) . I had just paid all my bills.. so was hoping to wait for the vet possibly then i found him stiff no pulse near the door, he passed away in his sleep looking peaceful. I googled it and there have been some cases in United Kingdom but im sure if theres some cases there theres much more cases than publicized. Like when covid first was officially leaked and they were saying there were 30 reported cases here in Florida in my head im like if theres 30 cases everyone will have it eventually. Well guys if you have a pet please wear a mask around them little is known about the new strain now and I work at the hospital and people are in ventilators even though they are vaccinated. Young people too, its depressing.

My kitten was a good boy i didnt even potty train him he trained himself basically since he was intelligent. I miss him jumping around with his kitty energy in the morning and before bed.. :frown:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. How can you be 100% sure when you have no proof she had covid...

3. Cats and dogs can't carry or pass the virus, lots have tests have been done, unless your cat ate a human who had covid? Cat have all its injections? Did it ever come into contact with other felines? Do you have ticks in your country?
    Feline Aids or tick paralysis can make cats act 'sick' before death

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Ever if your kitty could contract the Covid Virus it would take far more than 12hrs to have develop and cause the cats death.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Sorry for your loss but it wasn’t COVID

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. #6 GasGoon305, Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    Thanks for taking the time to read(sarcasm) when did i say he died within 12 hrs dipshit? I said he had symptoms within 12 hours... It developed within a week and he passed away, also for those claiming they cant.. many cases were reported in the new strain that kittens passed away and tested positive in the United Kingdom so obviously theres more cases that just arent publicized.

Your no physician or god to be disregarding my findings. You say he couldnt have died within 12 hours but every single body is different whether your peanut brain can absorb that or not its up to you.

Why do i even bother

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Thanks for condolences but why not? Got sick after my grandma came and she tested positive even though she was double vaccinated,also he was a healthy kitty right before perfectly fine. Within 12 hours or some days you can have symptoms which he had a high fever. Very little is known about Sars Cov-2 and covid-19 delta. You cant have a closed mind in a pandemic. I also just tested positive for covid my self. He obviously died due to respiratory failure.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. :lmafoe: not begging you to believe me but dont be a nihilist or claiming things that are just not true because thats blatantly hypocrisy and idiotic. Thats what upsets me

9. Hes already buried so i cant but evidently he died due to a contracted disease...... are you a physcian or something to be debunking claims? You sure act like a know it all? Like i said not gonna beg you or getting paid to say shit on here. Get a life.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Cats are not close enough for zoonosis to happen! Apes monkeys even muskalids not felines!
    Did you read that article? Only time domestic cats got covid 19 was when experimentally infected through injection or when passed from muskalids like IV just said! So unless the guys cat has been out and come into contact with a mink or tiger or even did his grandma inject his cat!?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Sorry for your loss OP.

12. They've found tigers with covid and they have no idea where they got it.
    Endangered Sumatran tigers in Jakarta zoo infected with COVID

Cats aren't close enough for zoonosis? C'mon Man!
    COVID-19 and Your Health
    A small number of pet cats and dogs have been reported to be infected with SARS-CoV-2 in several countries, including the United States. One ferret was reported positive for SARS-CoV-2 in Slovenia. Several animals in zoos and sanctuaries have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, including big cats (lions, tigers, pumas, cougars, snow leopards) and non-human primates (gorillas) after showing signs of illness. It is suspected that these animals became sick after being exposed to an animal caretaker with COVID-19. In many situations, this happened despite the staff wearing personal protective equipment and following COVID-19 precautions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. #14 Kent., Aug 4, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    Zoo animals! Around mustalids! Oh and a ferret is a mustalid!
    Why I keep asking if the cat went out!?
    His grandma had covid, she have cats? FCov can be transferred in cat shit, maybe her cat is asymptomatic and she had some poop on her and the kitten licked it!

All the cases have the same ability to come into contact with mustalid scat and be contaminated like that!

Edit: find me a case study of a domestic cat from Australia! In Australia Domestic cats can't go out and only come into contact with humans! And have no wild mustalids to bridge the gap and spread it!

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. It's not just zoo animals. They're finding it in plenty of house pets from owners that had covid. I think we'll see a lot more studies on this going forward.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dudes, cats can get covid. My friend lives in NY city. She works in a hospital and ended up with it 2 months ago, confirmed with testing.

Her cat ended up getting it, tested positive and is STILL not back to 100%.

Idk why it is so hard to believe. Even in the early days animals tested positive, they just weren't being impacted as significantly as they are with the newer variants. It's also naive to think that every positive case would be in the news, even if the were confirmed positive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1