I think my girls are nearly ready!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Glassy80, Dec 30, 2007.

1. I have 5 white widow plants, and they look like they are almost ready for harvest. Probably one week away. They look a bit yellow in the pics due to the HPS. What do you guys think?

All 5 - http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7066/all5mh4.jpg

Nice bud - http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/570/bigbudlu3.jpg

The white hairs are all pretty much going brown now, so thats usually a sign they are ready. Plus a lot of the leaves are browning and starting to die, which I presume is a sign of maturity?

2. ah mate they look beautiful, from surrey ey? nice a localer :p (kent), do you have msn or anything or an email? im looking to start growing myself for the first time, could do with a bit of advice and expertise,

thanks marc.

3. Thanks mate, yep not far from kent. Send me a pm and i'll stick you on my msn.

4. hey what brand white widows are those??? i just ordered nirvana white widows from dr.chronic and im hoping they will be as nice as urss:D

5. hey man cool
    Im in North West (Lancaster) but too bad you werent around here i would die to buy some of that shizz :(

6. how many weeks are they? I'd probly wait another week or so...

7. Thanks for the comment guys. They are white widows from Dr. Chronic. I bought 5 feminised seeds and luckily enough they all turned out pretty good. I top my plants, so they take a bit longer to grown, these are 16 weeks from germination. I'll probably give them another 5-7 days then take them down.

I won't be selling any of this, just smoking it with mates! The freezer is going to be full for quite a while!

8. My White Widow will not show signs of harvest by hair color. I have to check the tops for the color of the trichomes. Most will be milky in color with a few red ones mixed in. I tried to get all red but it went 90 days and started to die all together. Never turned red but a few. I have it down now, it is ready at 60 days on the money, if I don't change anything.

Notice not all the hair is brown/red:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dried. All the hair turns red and so do most the trichomes
    [​IMG]

Almost forgot to tell you how great your plants look. I can tell you spend time and love on your grow. Nothing but great things can come from that. NICE JOB!

9. whats your grow set up mate and how much did it cost?

10. Are these the 5 pack WW fem from Greenhouse? I just bought some.

11. Thanks for the comments Rumple, that main bud on yours is huge! Pretty impressive stuff, you must have been happy with that grow. I'm sort of in a similar situation to you, where the leaves are all starting to look like they are dying off so it seems they are ready. I will get a magnifine glass tomorrow and get a closer look.

Galen - My setup is a 3x3x6(foot) BudBox. I have 1 x 250 watt envirolite with propogator for the first 2-3 weeks of growth from germination. I then switch to a 400w HPS light so the plants have vegetated on 24/0 for 6 weeks then I start the 12/12 process. I have a small heater in there, as well as a desk fan + a 125mm extraction fan coming out of the top of the BudBox. The whole lot cost about £500ish. I'll be doing Hydro next tho, which should set me back about another £200 with all the nutes etc.

I do lots of topping by the way, hence the reason why there are so many main bud sites on each plant.

12. That was just a branch, the top on that plant was as big as one of my legs. They made WW to grow big. I talked to one of the breeders who made the seed for Nirvana White Widow. They added a fat afghani to give it bulk. If you don't support the buds, they will break the branches.

Leaves dying happen a few weeks before harvest. Lots of my sun leaves drop off at around day 40. It still needs to go a few weeks (and leaves keep dying the whole time up till harvest). They turn yellow the whole plant and fall off, but the buds keep getting fatter.