I think I've got spider mites help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by drew425, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Went out of town for a few days and got back. Did my daily checks and water my plants and found a small web around one of my top colas with tons of small dots in the webs. I don't have pictures now but I can put some up. It only appears to be on one plant at the moment and I'm about 2 weeks from harvest. Please help

2. Sorry guys/gals I know pictures help but my stupid cheapo camera isn't working and I couldn't get any decent pics with my camera phone. I did some research and im certain Ive got a large mite infestation. So I bought some mighty wash and sprayed it on my plants and all the mites appear to be dead. My next question is what do I do to get all the dead mights off my plants? Can I hose them off with water?

3. bump. anyone please?

4. hey buddy, the best advice i have assuming that is the problem is to go to your local hydro store and get some mite spray. if it starts to spread take the plant away from the others last thing we want is for all of em to have it. i had a few brown dots on the leaves and i showed the guy at my hydro store and he recommended a spider mite spray. good luck!

5. I already got some spray from my local hydro shop and when I removed the rest of the plants, guess what? Yep they all have them. Most of them aren't very bad like the one. I sprayed them all down and my new plants that I just put into the tent I will be using neem oil on.

Im wondering, once the mites are all dead should I hose them off the plant? Don't want to smoke those little bastards

6. idk man. but the guy told me they were microscopic so thats why im a little confused on you seeing them. best thing i can recommend is lady bugs. they will eat the fuckers for ya

7. All I have to say is photos help.

You can use Azamax up to the last week before harvest, and it kills a lot of shit. its 100% vegetable based too

8. Ill put some up tonight. Im not sure what other kind of inspect will spin a web on marijuana.

9. Could have just had a spider in the room. I found a single fly gnat and went bizzerk yesterday, and went out and bought azamax. I think i might have been over thinking it and it could have flown in when I went in the room.

10. Just spray them off with water, or just leave them alone after you spray. Keep that Mighty Wash on hand because now that you've had spider mites, they will keep coming back. Hit them once a week with the Mighty wash.

11. Im pretty sure its spider mties. I see thoughs of little dots all over in the webs and on the leaves. At least they all appear dead now

I was worried that spraying them off with water would cause mold but I guess if I turn my fans on high it would dry out the buds pretty quick. Ill be careful to direct most of the pressure on the leaves

Thanks again everyone. It really nice be part of a community like this where everyones so willing to help. I think I've actually learned just as much if not more on here then in the books ive read and research ive done

12. What ever you do try and keep the leaves not soaking wet, and never spray the buds.

What I typically do if I ever spray an entire plant down, I give it a good shake, like when you get out of the shower :)

13. I had to spray the whole plant(s) because of the infestation. Glad I did it right. Just gave them a good shake since I had to spray the buds too. Will that cause them any dammage?

14. I would never smoke a bud with anything containing chemicals in any way.

Azamax is 100% Vegetable based, and can be used up to 1 week before harvest. As you want to flush it out prior to consuming.

Do research before you waste hours of your time on a plant that will induce harm when smoked.

Again, I wouldn't spray the buds with anything, it will cause mold potentially if they are too damp. I've also heard bud rot could happen.

15. Ill take note of that. What I meant to say is I sprayed the leaves with the mighty wash and when I rinsed everything off I sprayed the buds too and shook the water off. Ive had a fan on them for a while so they should be ok

16. If you have a dehumidifier I would turn it on and place it in another room. it will dry up the air, its what I do when I want to speed the transpiration of my plants up, or if i want water them sooner.

17. Already got one in there. Thanks bud:wave:

18. Keep in mind to not keep it too dehumidified,

"If your plant has excessive transpiration, the plant will cease its metabolic function and stunted or no growth will occur. "

19. The humidity is about 50-60% roughly in my tent right now with the demudifier on now. Im wondering maybe I should just harvest this weekend? All my plants are at about 55 days of flowering. I've got a pocket mircoscope with 60-100x magnification, which for some reason im having a hard time seeing the trichs. I think its because my hands aren't very steady at all. I did see some of them and most seem to be clear with some cloudy ones.

20. I hate spraying my plants with anything so i will tell what i do it will sound mad but it works everytime. Get a small coke bottle and cut about 4 inchs from the top so you have a funnel. Get your hover hose and put it in the coke bottle funnel, now hover the little fuckers up. Trust me it works.