I think i've got nitrogen def ?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by deansami, Jul 8, 2010.

1. #1 deansami, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2010
    how's evey 1 keeping ? ok so i'll start from the start, Soil is john innes seeding compost, with 30% perlite, plant is 4 weeks old now did start on Bio canna NPK 3-1-5.5 lasts week at 1/4 strength, then my plant started lookin like its got nitrogen def, so i got some Chempak No. 3 NPK 20-20-20 just feed it some at 1/4 strength hopefully this will help, i've also been using bottled water since germination, pH is 6.4 after adding chempak.

I've also just started some LST in the last 3 days.
    can any 1 give me any idea of what this is ?

Any help would be grateful cheers :wave:

Attached Files:

2. I think your alright....Just keep an eye on the newer growth that it dosn't show deficiency.
    Your ph would be better around 6.5-6.8. You should check the ph of the runoff and adjust your water/solution up, or down from their to get a runoff of around 6.5.
    You only used 1/4 strength with your first fert so the N was low. If you preferr that fert try 1/2 strength.
    Actually the new growth looks nice and healthy so would not change much...Just keep an ey and don't end up over ferting....

3. If I were you I would take some time and study up on how nutrients react with each other in the soil.

I would say your ratio's are off for veg growth. Too much K in your mix will show up as a nitrogen defficiency as well as calcium and magnesium defficiency.

Check this link out, it may be a little over your head but it will get you thinking.

Action Mode, Deficiency & Toxicity of the 17 Essential Nutrients

4. thanks for the quick replys chap's, i've just been in this morning nd to be honest it looks loads happyer already maybe its the new food, i'll keep an eye on her those leaves on the bottom will never recover will they ?

Attached Files:

5. nope they wont.keep your eyes on new growth,make sure your run off is in check otherwise you wont know whats the problem.

6. it needs Epsom salt magnesium is what she needs

7. when you say run off do you mean i should water until the pot has water coming out the bottom of the pot ? if this new food doesn't show any inprovement i will give is a little Epsom salts, how much do i need to add to the water ?

8. 1/4 table spoon per gallon you should read the label of your ferts and see how much
    magnesium is in it mj uses a lot of magnesium