I think I've been permanentally ousted from my romantic faze.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by nascarfan, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Seriously done with romance, believing in love and all that shit. Girlfriend of 6 months left me. She told me she loved me. It was all a lie, and for no reason. She said it first. Finally admitted she didn't know how she felt about me. After 6 months, she didn't know how she felt. Found out she was constantly lying to me about being too busy for dates, why she wouldn't talk to me. Turns out, she just didn't want to spend any time with me. You believe that shit? I feel stupid for falling for a pretty face and a sweet personality, and god was she beautiful. I feel stupid for trying so damn hard and rearranging my life to suit her schedule and mood. Welp. You live and learn eh?

So, I'm done. Had a nice wallow. It still hurts like hell, but it's time to get on with life. But I think I'm done with romance. I think I'm just going to have lots and lots of sex, with lots of different women.

TL;DR: Bitches be crazy. Fuck romance.

2. 6 months is no time at all. Come on man, buck up. You cannot govern your life by the actions of one woman whom it sounds like you didn't even know in the first place. Stop thinking with your penis and better decisions will follow.

3. 6 months isn't long. Don't let yourself get that attached in 6 months its not healthy

4. I don't have a penis. And I did know her. We had a good relationship at first. Before everything went sour. 6 months is a significant period of time. No we weren't together for years. But that's half a year. Some people don't even hold a job that long.

5. It's not unreasonable to fall in love in that period of time. there's nothing unhealthy about it. Emotions happen. You don't just decide when you fall in love with someone.

6. Well all I'm saying is you seem to be depressed about this a lot more than you should be. I mean its one thing to say you can fall in love in 6 months. I know I'm in a short term relationship now. But it's a lot different when you are with somebody for 5 years.

Jump back in the market I'm sure it's easier than ever before for girls to find girls.

7. "I'm a woman, a dyke, just one of the guys, and an occasional cross dresser. Take your pick."

I was gonna give advice, but then I realized I couldn't relate to 3/4s of the possible options.

So I'll just say that you seem like a young person, and having the attitude of "I think I'm just going to have lots and lots of sex, with lots of different women." Is a fucking awesome time for a while when you are young. Do that. Then do it again. Get some experience then try connecting with one emotionally. Its fun......

8. Shes probably got her own shit she needs to work out, if she spent 6 months in a relationship with somebody she didn't like obviously shes got some fuckin issues OP, don't beat yourself up dawg!!!!!

9. Six months is nothing, just let it roll off of you

10. I don't think depressed is really the right word. Overall I'm actually happier now than I was in the relationship, because towards the end, it was a disaster. I'm sad, of course. I do miss her. I'm disappointed. But I'm not depressed. Really I'm just fed up with the expectations of relationships and lack of honesty. So I think I'm just going to whore around for a while.

I'm not saying I'll never have a relationship again I don't actually know, but I just don't think I believe in the perfect romance, or soul mate thing anymore.

11. Well that's good.

12. Bro I'm sorry to tell you this but that relationship was obviously never going to work and that's cause you'd give more than she would no balance in that relationship and that'll break and don't get hurt over it.

Now you know you one more female to you true love...

13. Sounds more like infatuation than love, mon amis. Love takes time to nurture, and lots of it.

Why? I've never understood why people do that after breakups. =/

14. And 6 months is a significant amount of time. It's not like I thought I loved her after 2 weeks. It took time.

Because sex is fun and I don't want a relationship.

15. Did you lose it? u need to find your penis and get that on ice ASAP

16. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you're coming from. What I meant was, I don't think 6 months is enough time for an infatuation to fully transition to love. I think that's when it starts changing, but imo, you need to spend a year or two with someone on a regular basis for you two to be in love. Imo, 6 months isn't nearly enough time unless you two are seeing each other nearly every day. I'm sure we have differing opinions/views on the matter, just throwing in my 2 cents.

Idk, I think you're setting yourself up for some more headaches. Dating and having casual sex is one thing, but having lots of casual sex in response to a breakup sort of sets you up for another failed relationship imo. Then again, I can only speak from my experience and from what I've learned from watching others. Regardless, hope it all works out for you. Make sure you take some time to reflect on this relationship and how and when things started going downhill, signs you missed, etc. Have fun.

17. Holy shit 6 months is a HELLA long time to learn if you wanna be with someone exclusively, dunno what anyone else in here is talking about.

Sorry to hear ya hurt, OP.

Theres plenty of other lesbian fish in the gay sea :D