I think its time...

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by The Audion, Feb 20, 2012.

1. To quit smoking cigarettes. Its a waste of money, unhealthy, and generally gross. I won't lie, I enjoy it, its a social activity, very relaxing, but the only reason its relaxing is because I've conditioned my mind to be "relaxed" once I fulfill the nicotine craving. But I already smoke weed, which is relaxing, and even though its smoke its not quite as unhealthy.

It may be tough because I'm turning 21 soon and anytime there's drinking going on the craving and opportunity for a cigarette will be ever present. Also I just bought a pack today:rolleyes: I'll use this pack to cut back and then, thats it. I may not sound serious, but I am, I just don't want to quit cold turkey. My main motivation is the money I'll be saving. I want to buy new pickups for my guitar. Also going to start exercising which is a much healthier and cheaper way to clear your mind and relax.

any tips from ex smokers are welcome.

2. Don't buy cigarettes - there is no reason to buy them if you are quitting, you can always ask for a cig off a friend if your really choking for one (or worse a stranger). Simply don't buy them ever - if your out drinking and start craving, just deal with it or ask your friend for one. Cutting off your access to fresh packs is definetly the first step since it pretty much restricts your smoking habits straight away.

I'd put aside a few days where you are going strictly cold turkey, it's good for motivation and I like to think it helps with "cleansing" your system. If you go 3 days without a smoke, your gonna be chuffed.