i think its sick!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by designatedtoker, Oct 11, 2004.

1. i need some help, my plant dosent look healthy, the 2 round leaves at the bottom are turning brown and the bigger leaves that have just shown up at the top are drooping extremley at the edges, i dont know if it should do this or not, i'll do my best to get a picture up as soon as possible, any help would be appreciated! thanks

2. http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/?qa=1111

does it look like any of those pics?.............it sounds like overwatering, and possibly too much fert, allthough the cotlydons (2 round leaves) to usually die off later in the plants life cycle.........did you add any ferts?..........and how much water and when, ans what size of pot, age of plant too??????..............Peace out........Sid

3. the plant is about 2.5 weeks old and the pot is 8 inches diameter and 7 inches in height i dont know in gallons, thats about all i know what im doing to it, i just water it when it looks thirsty :) and keep the light on it... but you helped big-time, i think i'll lay off the water a litle bit to see if that fixzes it, and when do those leaves end up browning and/or falling off? is mine doing it sooner than usualy or earlier or right on scheduel? thanks very much for the help!

4. i'd say a little early for them to fall off........overwatering is one of the biggest weed killers for a new grower.........here's how i test it.......prod your finger about 1-2" into the pot, if it's wet, leave it..........if it's dry add some water, try and get used to the weight of the pot, as later, you can just pick up the pot, and feel whether it needs watered or not...........ps it's also good to let the plant nearly dry out it's soil, it provides oxygen to the roots, and then water......but be carefull doing that, as you don't want it to get too dry, and after being dry, when watered, it generally runs straight through, so best use a sink/bath if your gonna try that one.......lol......i found out the hard way ;)

Peace out........Sid

5. thanks man, i found out i was overwatering it, it almost immediatley began to change back to normal after the first few days... thanks again!

6. your welcome :) ...........Peace out...........Sid

7. heres how u can adjust ur water amonts,first weigh pots wen plants droop for water,next take a watering container that measures in ounces and measure the amont ur given,on mext waterings u can up it or down the amont by a ounce at a time,and plant will let u know wich direction to go if it looks better,for seedlings in small cups standard 2- 4 tablespoons of water,can be checked by 1 tablespoon at a time uped or downed on the amonts to tweek the watering.a good mix for learning water amont with less damage over a period of time is 50% poting soil,25% verm, 25% perlite. drains fast,plants grow fast. peace moon/