I think its about time Mary Jane and I break up.

Discussion in 'General' started by kneelforneal, Dec 26, 2013.

1. #1 kneelforneal, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013
    EDIT: If a mod could, I just noticed this would've been a lot better in Tokers Q&A.. :smoking:

Let me tell you a little about myself because I haven't been on this forum since I first started lurking in my 8th grade year (I wasn't 18, but I am now!)..

I'm a Georgian man. I was homeschooled in the middle of a hick town until 5th grade when my parents got a divorce, forcing us to move into a big city nearby, and doing the unspeakable.. going to public school. I was so scared, I only had a few friends from an art class I took. I was an extremely shy kid up until 8th grade, when my sister got me to smoke with her and I learned that a few of my friends smoked too.

After that, I started to become a lot more confident in my ways. I give Mary Jane all the praise for making me the person I am today. I'm about to start my last semester of high school and I was nominated for the Most Intelligent superlative (I wish I won so I couldve taken the mic and said "pot kills brain cells though, right?" and walk off dramatically), I've made a lot of friends and a few close best friends, I've had my fair share of girlfriends, and enemies. And truthfully none of that would've happened if I didnt burn a little ganja.

I just didn't want to go into this and have ya'll think that I think weed is horrible without knowing my story. I've been accepted into the University of Georgia (Go dawgs!) and I'm leaving to go live on my own in less than a year. For some reason, I've started to become more knowledgeable of how things affect or will affect me in my life. A month plus a week ago, I quit smoking cigarettes and switched to and electronic cigarette (boy I tell you, we have a few local vape shops that have some badass pieces). I quit smoking the e-cig 9 days ago and I can officially say that I'm 9 days without nicotine, something I've depended on for the past 2 years.

Then I started thinking about weed. Now-a-days when me and my buddies smoke, we just smoke and chat and screw around, just like any friends do. I feel like we're not doing anything productive. I've let my fitness go to waste because I always choose weed over working out. We smoke almost 5 days out of the week. I spend a decent amount of my money on pot and I work as a host at a restaurant. The money flow isn't strong, and my parents are not financially stable for me to be sure that I'll be financially-OK in college. I don't know, I just think it's time to start prioritizing in my life. It's weird though, because smoking is just what I do. People play sports, build things, dance, sing, play instruments. Me and my friends, we smoke weed. I have to find something the replace it, and that is something that won't be so easy.

I'm not sure when I plan on stopping but its gonna be soon. Any opinions from ya'll while I'm still deciding on when, would be appreciated!

2. #2 YaSlava, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    Strange question since your on a site where 99.99 % of its members are fellow stoners. And prioritizing does not mean you should quit weed. What it does mean is that you need to be careful about how you spend your money. Cuz there aint no such thing as weed getting in the way of anything. Only u can decide what does and what does not get in the way. Time management that's what you should be studying. Happy Holidays

3. All I can say is there is never a good reason to quit smoking weed.

Aside from probation, but that's pushing it there. :cool:

4. can i have your extra weed?

5. #5 Rebel Eye, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013
    you'll be back. and she will always be waiting for you.

6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zanzW-avv8M

7. i'd say theres plenty of good reasons to quit smoking.

Getting a better job, starting a career, & lowering your tolerance are a few

If you already have your life in order and dont need to worry about drug tests, finding a new job & starting a career than you dont have as many reasons to quit smoking.

8. It's funny because the people who quit weed or want to all say the same thing. That it made them lazy and they do nothing but smoke weed all day. Just like OP said" I've let my fitness go to waste because I would rather get high than work out."How about you smoke and just go ahead and do whatever you have to instead of just sitting on the couch or fucking around with friends and then say that weed makes you lazy. Smoking never affected my working out, school,or job. Just smoke and do what you have to and if you can't do that do it at the end of the day after everything is done. Not that hard you know.

9. because everyone is the same right?

10. Just dont start messing with Whitneys crazy ass.

11. Wrong site to ask a question like should I quit , considering a good majority of the people here need it to function.
    If you can't be productive and smoke then choose what you feel is more important .
    a lot people will say don't quit , weeds the shit , and I agree on the last point , but if you can't handle it , why smoke ?
    It's not for everybody , no matter how many times you hear people say that weed is the answer to everything.
    I personally only smoke on weekends and holidays .
    shit sometime i go weeks or even months without it .

A lot of people can't handle weed and work at all.
    Some people can run a marathon on three brownies .
    tl;dr if you can handle it , smoke . If you can't be high and productive , don't bother.

12. Quit smoking weed, eat it instead. :D

13. Why dont you just do less weed and prioritise more (say to yourself youll have some weed after working out etc)

14. [quote name="llllllllll" post="19233885" timestamp="1388099511"]because everyone is the same right?[/quote]No which is why I added the and "if you can't handle that then just do it at the end of the day after everything is done" comment.

15. Weed doesn't mess up people's lives, people mess up people's lives. Don't get me wrong,  I'm the kind of person who can't do certain things because I'm an addict. I would love to smoke 4-5 times a day like I used to, but who I am prevents it. Damn, I hope I can just take a few hits at night like .2 without fucking up my life again.

Take quitting for a trial run. If you feel happier and more productive stay with it.

16. Moderation.

i use to think weed never made me lazy and that people make themselves lazy. was active and got shit done.
    then i got 6 months deep into smoking.

17. Then I started thinking about weed.  [​IMG]

18. Moderation is key to everything in life. Sorry to say but 5 days a weed isnt really moderate use. Cut back to 2 days and work out 3 you might be happier.

19. Every now and then I think I'll quit for a while too - save a little money - kill this tolerance thing - but then I see an ATM ...

20. [quote name="OscarZetaAcosta" post="19233797" timestamp="1388098477"]All I can say is there is never a good reason to quit smoking weed.Aside from probation, but that's pushing it there. :cool:[/quote]I'm on probation. 3 months have passes since I stopped smoking. I got high a few days ago, and once a couple weeks before, but overall I'm totally deprived. Before, I was high pretty much all day and it was just kind of the way it was. Even if I tried or said I appreciated it, and thought I did, I didn't really until now. Once you are forced to stop, not even just taking a t break, but forced to stop, you really understand it. You realize how much you took it for granted, how fucking unbelievably much you miss it. You may have even considered taking a half-a-year vacation so your PO couldn't test you. But you probably don't have the money, or the willingness to take initiative. Each day goes by, but each day is such a small fraction of the pie. God dammit, when will this end? I need tits!!! "She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male and the other two, well the other two were female. God only knows what they were up to in there. And furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marihuana cigarettes..... REEFERS"