I think I'm going to be a daddy..

Discussion in 'General' started by gimpy121, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Well, my ex girlfriend who left me last week has been informing me that she's two and a half weeks late (which isn't exactly strange for her - but I'm not going to discuss that with you fine folks) and she peed on the stick and it said "re-plan you entire fucking life!"

So at this point I'm hoping it was just a false positive, but it seems unlikely. She has a doctor's appointment on Friday and they'll tell us in like 3 days apparently.
    I'm now shitting bricks. I'm 20, in university and still unemployed because no one hires students in this fucking town!

To be honest, we didn't think that she could get pregnant. She had some issues with possible cysts and other anomalies in the ovary region, which led to getting careless. I know all the little rhymes, but shit.

I just needed to vent. Thanks guys, in advance.

/rant

2. That sucks.

3. Yeah, it's definitely not where I wanted to be right now

4. i wish u the best bro. stay positive tho

5. #5 Free The BIRDS, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2009
    sorry if this is the wrong time

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGtWssdauME]YouTube - MAURY: YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER![/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3rskbp3zao&feature=related"]YouTube - hood rat gets owned on maury[/ame]

6. false positives almost never happen, flase negatives happen all the time....chances are she should go to the dr, request blood work if you guys are unsure of the pee-stick technique...

i know that youre scared rite now, but what is the plan? keeping? abortion? adoption? you guys need to make these plans SOON! the sooner the better really. and with either keeping or adoption, then she needs to be on vitamins...if she cant handle prenatals *they make some people sick* to take flintstone vitamins with choline, take 2 a day...thats what i had to do...

either way, good luck!

7. Well, man. Que Sera Sera.

Life is crazy trip and you have to take some hardships in stride. If a child is one of those hardships, consider yourself lucky.

I understand being so young, so new to the world, the thought of a child is scary and unsettling but worse things could happen. A child isn't necessarily the end of your young life. It isn't the end of fun and joy, but a new path. Hell, my Mom went out drinking every night when I was a kid (not as funny a joke as you'd think, huh?).

But seriously, the Universe has it's way of things and this whole post probably pisses you the fuck off right now. Who am I to be telling you to "just take it in stride" and making morbid childhood reference jokes. If you need to be angry, be angry. You don't want to carry that into the life of your child. If you need to be sad, be sad. You have every right to be feeling whatever emotions you're having right now. In fact, you'd be weird in my eyes if you were totally cool with it.

Take care, dude. Life's fucking bonkers but it's just gotten started. It aint over yet, man.

This song is upbeat, has a good message and always pulls me out of my shitty, I hate myself days:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p21StYbyqG4"]YouTube - Connie Francis - Que Sera Sera (What Ever Will Be, Will Be)[/ame]

Fuck the world, Que Sera Sera!

8. Man, that's not cool. This is a guys life and he's posting here to vent and get some input. What are you doing? Ragging on the guy with "Maury" clips. Nice.

9. LOL I FUCKING LAUGHED SO HARD.. when i saw that maury video!!

10. if it comes in positive, then congratulations on your first child.
    :smoke:

11. sorry dude, its not like what i said would of changed anything anyway. maybe it put him in a good mood, and its always a possibility..

[​IMG]

12. Thanks guys. We've been talking, and she's going to keep it (if she is... fingers crossed she's not). I don't want to be one of those dads that is never there, but I think I'm going to stay here at school and send money and come see it whenever I get a chance, like once or twice a month.

13. Certain medications have been known to cause false positives. It's rare though. Too late to turn back now.

14. Yeah, man. Keep on good terms with the mother, she can ruin your life with the snap of a finger (law always favors the mother, not being a jerk, being honest). And try to be in that babies (if she's pregnant) life, man. It's not good growing up without a Papa, I can tell you that.

Good vibes to you and your ex, dude. I hope life turns out well.

Remember: Que Sera Sera

15. it rhymes with shmshmortion

16. why not proportion you noob :smoke:

17. She won't get an abortion. I know that for sure, and I know that she'd feel terrible after for doing it so I can't ask that of her..

18. falcon punch to the stomach,never failed me yet.
    but seriously try to send some time with the kid if she keeps it, its ALOT better then no time at all

19. First off, a paternity test is mandatory if she is pregnant. People can say they were true all they want, but something this important always needs confirmation.

Second, congrats.

Third, props on manning up.

Fourth, make sure to get a business degree or set yourself up to go to law school. Kids are expensive, you need to be employable. Your life isn't about you now, it's about someone else.

20. I'm in school for an English degree right now, and I hope I can get my writing off the ground by then. If not, I might go for my teaching licence. But that's another year of juggling school, kid and work.