i think i screwed up

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by RhinoHumpenPand, Aug 19, 2013.

1. #1 RhinoHumpenPand, Aug 19, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
    so i tried supercropping (for the first time) and im pretty sure i kiled one of my main stems lol this is only a practice run for me, so its not a huge deal, but can you tell me if its probly dead or not? one of them turned out better, but i think the one is fucked.

just incase the pics didnt show up or work
    http://imgur.com/biqYIBE,aezoteQ
    just hit second image at the top to see the second one

Attached Files:

2. also, could i just use it as a clone or something? if i put it out soon i might atleast be able to get some bud, if not much. Ive got all the stuff for it, besides the rootex stuff, which hopefully i can buy locally.

3. Looks pretty harsh,  Try and clone it see if it works..  As for Putting it back out not sure if she would do much for ya

4. i just wanna learn how to clone atleast. i dont really know anything about it, but would i be able to clone without rootex? 

I thought that's what your supposed to do? Recently attempted this... couldn't bear to actually break the stems, one did.. but I think it was a fan leaf... not really too sure about the whole thing and how to do it.

Anyone know the correct way to do this?? Yes I've googled.

6. Just duct tape it back together.  It may survive.

7. youtube lol i tried another stem and it went way better. Just kinda crunch it between your thumb and index fingers till you can feel it snapping on the inside, but not actually tearing the outside layer. 

8. #8 MrThoughtCrime, Aug 20, 2013
    I've done that many times super cropping. I'd tape it back together w/ scotch tape or electric tape.

She'll heal herself somewhere around 5 days or a week. Don't let that part flop, make sure it's supported some way to allow nutrient flow  - she'll recover faster.

9. @[member="shit happens"] sometimes,just take it as a lesson learned and correct Your mistake,Best wishes, Trazy...

10. I would do this with the electrical tape as it can stretch making it a very tight seal

11. already scotched it up, ill probs used electrical tape in the future tho. thanks for the help guys

12. #12 MrThoughtCrime, Aug 20, 2013

I agree, just that a few times it was all I had, and made do. Shit was messy to get off and I don't recommend it.

Using scotch tape is better than losing the branch though.

13. True. I personally shy away from using tape on the plant actually but I can see that happening. I prefer to set up 2 supports on each side of it then use tape, rope, string ect to tie the supports together, I like this because when the plant heals and that "knuckle" forms I can take away the supports and the tape,string, rope ect.

OP if you do it the way I do with the 2 supports, be careful with slugs and what not. I've never had it happen to me but GC's very own OldPork has told me then when the supports are up slugs and other nasty critters like that will go between the support and the stalk for shade form the sun. I've never had a problem with it but I trust what OldPork says.

14. luckily, and sadly, the only thing i have to worry about is grasshoppers. cant keeps those bastards off of them tho, even chickenwire doesnt keep all of them away lol asshole grasshoppers...