I think I killed my plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nurul12, Feb 16, 2017.

1. My plant was getting to big for my fabric pot so I tried taking it out and ended with ripping some of the bottom roots

Can I transplant the fabric pot into a larger pot and would the roots grow

[​IMG]

You could see some roots still stuck at the botttom of the pot

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I run dwc and I always end up ripping a few roots here and there, lifting lids and changing reservoirs. Something always gets caught but, they're always fine.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Toss those fabric pots. I've tried them before and found that something with structure works much better for growing plants in. Not sure why they're so popular to start with. No, you haven't killed your plant. Never try to transplant until it's allowed to become DEAD DRY. This ensures the root ball holds together for the move and you don't end up with root damage. Unless your plant is larger than the container it's in (wider and taller than), it's not ready for a repot. Before any plant needs repotted, it needs to be given time to outgrow the one it's in. We don't repot just because we want to. We do it because it's necessary for the health of the root structure of the plant and to make sure the plant is being fed properly. Find a reliable source and do some reading up on how to tend one of these plants. There are some basics that every new grower should know before getting a plant but most wait till they have them and realize they don't know how to take care of them...and then freak out. LOL All part of the learning curve. Good soil (preferably a high quality formulated grow soil), good light (everything about this plant's growth is determined by lighting....not nutes. If your plant isn't hungry, it doesn't need fed. If you use good quality grow soil, you don't have to feed it anything extra and just repot when it expends soil of nutrition), and tap water (no filtered or distilled water since all micronutrients are stripped out of those. People who use filtered water tend to get weird deficiencies) is all your plant needs during the veg cycle. Put your emphasis on quality lighting and high wattage if you want a decent harvest. Nutes aren't magic beans...just plant food, and if you use good quality soil to grow in, you don't need them. TWW

• Like Like x 5
  4. It will be fine. Next time throw the pot into the bigger pot you plan on transplanting . cut the pot with a knife on 4 sides and slide the pot out from the bottom . won't tear the roots and let the pot dry up a bit. Score you do this it will hold it self together . hole this helps if there is a next time

5. Sorry for typo have to blame this phone lol