I think I got fired.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Buddeh, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Well, today at work started off good. I work at Taco Bell for those of you who don't know. Anyways, I was taking orders and this kid who smokes came up to me and was like "I can help you out on drive-thru". I was taking orders, and for some reason I got really mad and told him I can handle it. I got talked to about it shortly after that. Fast forward to an hour ahead and I was trying to take someones order when 3 not just 1 person was trying to start shit with me and just plain harassing me. I start getting irritated, because I am trying to take an order and I don't want any distractions.

I have ADHD as it is and it doesn't help me focus any better if there are 3 fucking immature teenagers are yelling in my ears. Well I snapped when I was done with order and told them next time I was taking an order to shut up. I was loud but not extremely loud. The manager that was in charge at the time, who JUST got promoted to manager not even 2 weeks ago is a royal bitch. Anyways, I went on break and when I came back she had a talk with me and I was kind of mad at her. She was like I am mad because you are giving me attitude. Then she sent me home early and said that tomorrow I was going to have a talk with the manager. When I asked her if I was getting fired or not, she wouldnt tell me.

2. i imagine where you work can be very stressfull with these assholes harrassing you probably on a daily/weekly basis,this will be taken into consideration when you have your chat with the manager.

i would'nt worry too much mate, your bitch of a manager is just a shift manager & you'll get your chance to explain yourself to the manager & with what you've just explained i would imagine the worse case scenario is a verbal/written warning you'll get,if that.

hope goes well bud & your still employed:), take care:smoke:

3. Yeah when I was a junior in high school, I got a job at Taco Bell. This was the worst Taco Bell in the history of Taco Bells ever. The manager was a woman with a fucking mustache comparable to Chuck Norris's. Just picture just his mustache on a fat ugly chick who is 55 years old. But yeah I was working 40 hours a week during the school year. 3:45 until 1:45 most nights. I was making like $380 a check. But I quit after a month and a half I couldn't handle the bullshit Jerry Springer fights between crackheads and trailer trash in the front, and yeah, I smoke, but I come from a respectable family, and can't be associated with that bullshit.

The night I decided to quit, was pitch black, pouring rain, 35 degrees, 2:20 AM, taking out the garbage in my black ball cap.

Oh well, the whole time I worked there I was smoking a quarter KB a week, it's three years later, but my new job (no job) has me on the fucking 1/8 schwag week smoking diet.

4. What the? Was this thread like reset or something? Maybe im trippin....

Hey brian some mod fucked your sig up. may wanna fix it

5. who cares man its just taco bell, fuck them

6. word^ i would suggest finding another line of work where customer realtions arent a factor. Oviously when ppl. start to piss you off you could go off the handle, what if it was a customer being a dick, what then?.

7. If it was a customer being a dick, I could handle it. Fellow coworkers, no. Yeah, I should get it fixed. Nice sig Matt.

8. Update***

I am still employed at Taco Bell, lol. Turns out the main manager didn't really seem to give a shit. When I walked in that morning he asked me if everything was sorted out and I simply replied yes. The other manager who was working the morning I came in was telling me how it was bullshit she made me leave my shift with only 2 hours left.

9. This.

But i'm also going to say- customer service jobs require you to be able to put up with shit like that, annoying kids, picky insulting adults, just plain rude people. You have to put up with it and it cant change you.
    If you let them change the way you act you're fucked.
    Its basically put up and shut up, or get out.

But its Taco Bell, and thats a shitty job to begin with. You'll find another, most likely better job.

10. glad to see your still employed

11. It's these types of situations a fat beggie would come in handy(whoa, that rhymed).

12. Not to be blunt.

But fuck working at fast food.

sorry if you got canned but you are probably better off.

try getting a job at a gas station or something, they pay pretty well.

13. :confused::confused::confused:, no it didnt

14. ^^^^^^^^Haha wow

15. Bingo. Even at a young age, with zero job experience and/or education, you can still do better than fast food. Those places are just havens for the lowest common denominator. I'm really not sure what's worse, the people that work there, or the people actually willing to eat the food that comes out of their hands.