I think I built/am building something cool!!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Student0420, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Well, this project started off as a small box in the corner of my closet and a 28W LED growlight. One year later, that small box turned into a growroom that utilizes every inch of my closet. At this point there are five 28W LED Glowpannels, eight 14W Glowpannels, a 4'X4 light HO T5, and 23 plants, all packed into the closet, measuring only 74"X24"X118".:D
    Your probably wondering why so many lights and how so many plants in such a small area. The answer is simple! I did not want to wait to harvest every 4+months, so I set/am setting up a perpetual harvest system in said closet. This growroom will have 5 stages (clones, 1st stage vegg, 2nd stage vegg, 1st stage flowering, & 2nd stage flowering) and will, in theorie, produce 4 plants (about 24+" tall) every 25-30 days...assuming strains have a flowering cycle of 60 days. All plants will have a minimum of 60 days of vegg as well. I know...considering the size of the closet it is an ambitions plan to say the least:D!
    There are a lot of details, so let's start at the top:
    Space-The first thing I did was split my closet into 1/3...not horizontally, but vertically instead. The top (flowering) is exactly 2/3 the height and the bottom (vegg/cloning/mother) is 1/3.
    I then built a shelf in the bottom 1/3 that streaches roughly 30% of the leinth and divides the bottom 1/3 vertically. The top of this shelf is used for clones. It has one 14w growpannel...perfect for clones! The bottom is the first vegging area. It is roughly 24" high.
    The second vegging area is what is left of the bottom. It is roughly 40" long and 40" tall.
    The top 2/3 of the closet will have a shelf on the right that is just wide enough to hold 2 plants for the first month of thief flowering cycle. The shelf be 50% of the height of the flowering area so the two plants can be on the shelf and two just below them.
    Directly to the right will be the finnal flowering area. It will be roughly 55" long and have enough height that tall(er) plants are not an issue.
    All of the area is wrapped and/or lined with panda plastic to ensure no light leaks from the vegg area into the flowering ar^eEverything els is wrapped in white duct tape...and I do mean everything!!
    Lighting-This whole thing started when I purchased a small LED growpannel with low expectations. However, the light performed better then I could ever have imagined! I used it all the way through flowering and later added a 14W LED for sidelighting. I produced 1.25oz per plant. Not a huge harvest, but not bad considering I was using less then 100W. It made me a LED believer.
    I was also impressed with the fact that they produced no heat, so I could put the light right on top of the plants. It is because of this, that makes this project possable. Because they produce little to no heat, I could put tons of them in a small area and never worry about the temp in the growroom.

CRAP!!:( that's all I have time for right now. Later I will finish the "lighting" section, as well as air flow, nutrients, finding a mother plant, Co2, and all the stupid another mistakes I have made to date...